Atos & assessments on BBC news!

A doctor who has resigned from doing assessements of Atos has criticised them on BBC news at 6!

Whooo hoooo…

It will no doubt be on news on BBC News 24… and hopefully on News at 10.

Pat x

Here’s the link to article on BBC webpage:

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-22546036

Scroll down to bottom if you are willing to talk to BBC about your experience with Atos.

Pat x

Hi Pat, I saw this on the news too. The Doctor became very emotional at one point, surely now something has to be done? Sam x

It was the second item on the news tonight and will hopefully help keep the pressure on this spiteful Government. I doubt the token toff put up to explain how it’s all for our own good is going to convince anyone.

There was something else about the “token toff” (whammel’s description, but I like it).
Did anyone notice that he was described as a “Senior Vice-President” of ATOS?

Vice-President is an American ranking of senior company officials (equivalent to Director) and not an English term. We already know that ATOS are French owned, so just maybe they are looking to expand into the US. Perhaps we should help them get as much publicity as possible by starting as many threads as possible, on as many forums as possible, and writing to as many newspapers as possible. Never mind the Condom alliance, how about a bad press for ATOS?

Geoff

They are probably already in the USA under a different name. They seem to be able to re-invent themselves for anything, anywhere. Remember they are also decommissioning nuclear power stations!

My dream scenario would be many more doctors who have worked for Atos coming out of the woodwork and agreeing with Dr Greg Wood (I think that’s his name).

Let’s hope so. All of those doctor’s working for Atos can’t ALL be heartless bas£ards! (can they? Hmmmm)

Pat x

Hi Pat, I didnt see your post yesterday, but have just looked at the link you gave.

it is all very worrying. I am awaiting a decision on my claim.

The woman mentioned in the link says she is terrified of getting the brown envelope through her letter box.

Well when my ESA claim form came, it was in a white envelope and looked like the kind of junk mail we ignore.

So be warned everyone…this is a new trick of the DWPs.

luv Pollx

Poll thanks for telling me that as I’ve been expecting brown also!

I think you’ll be ok darling. Knowing your symptoms as I do, I’m sure you’ll score enough points.

Try not to worry.

IF ONLY the government had kept pension age at 60 for women we would both be OK!!!

Pat x

Yeh, I know Pat. When do you turn 60?

Its chuffin scandalous. At 60 we shouldnt have to worry about work, should we? We should be able to sit in our deck chairs on a beach and contemplate our navels!

my navel will be receiving a lot of contemplating when i get me pipe!

luv Pollx

I get Housing Ben. When I moved house the DWP somehow “lost” my youngest daughter and so told me that I wasn’t entitled to part of my Income support which meant that the council then told me I wasn’t entitled to HB, it took nearly two months for everything to be sorted by which time I was a nervous wreck, I could paper the walls with the letters and demands from the council for repayment (which they wern’t owed) The Council wanted donkeys paperwork, got sent 3 months of bank statements and then asked me to explain what 5 payments of £50 into 5 seperate bank accounts were for on Christmas Eve… Was soo tempted to say well one is for my gigalo, one is for my drug dealer, one is for my bookie… Stressed is too mild a word for it, it actually made me ill. Now I’ve had a 20 page questionaire for PIP, I’ve never yet had a phone call to my minicom from a Govt agency, will be intersting to see how they “contact me” for my face to face…I get Housing Ben. When I moved house the DWP somehow “lost” my youngest daughter and so told me that I wasn’t entitled to part of my Income support which meant that the council then told me I wasn’t entitled to HB, it took nearly two months for everything to be sorted by which time I was a nervous wreck, I could paper the walls with the letters and demands from the council for repayment (which they weren’t owed) The Council wanted donkeys paperwork, got sent 3 months of bank statements and then asked me to explain what 5 payments of £50 into 5 separate bank accounts were for on Christmas Eve… Was soo tempted to say well one is for my gigolo, one is for my drug dealer, one is for my bookie… Stressed is too mild a word for it, it actually made me ill. Now I’ve had a 20 page questionnaire for PIP, I’ve never yet had a phone call to my minicom from a Govt agency, will be interesting to see how they “contact me” for my face to face… Anne for Mum, Daisy x

I’ll be 60 on 2nd August!!! (you don’t need to make a note of it… I will be no doubt be on here making a song and dance about it!!! )

Wonderful mental picture of you on recliner chair contemplating your navel and smoking a pipe! LOL…

Pat x

Hope you’re doing something good to celebrate Pat! Teresa xx

Hi Daisy, I think, I hope, I’ve managed to delete ‘double’ text that somehow appeared in your post… not to worry… but try to space your posts out a bit hon as it’s hard to read (sorry if it’s you who can’t post using the ‘return’ button… )

For the PIP forms… it’s really good to join a website called ‘Benefits and Work’. It’s about £19 for membership for a year but believe me it’s worth every penny.

It’s run by lawyers who are benefits experts and they have step-by-step guides to all the benefits.

I was refused DLA until I followed their guide. Lots of people on here are members & I would say we all find it a excellent site.

It is all very stressful esp with the new benefit changes (or REFORMS as the ETON MESS like to call them!)

Good luck with it,

Pat x (loved the stuff about drug dealer etc… )

Sorry Pat,pressing return doesnt seem to do anything :frowning: