Anyone having problems with Healthcare at Home

Hello,

On my last rebif cartridge and cant get through to Healthcare at Home. There are lots of reviews on the NHS website ( some very poor) so I know I’m not the only one in this situation. Cant get through on the phone - give up after a 40 minute wait holding!

They normally call 2 weeks before each delivery to arrange a delivery date but heard nothing!..

Due to go away next week but if my delivery doesnt arrive I may need to cancel this- they don’t deliver to another country- funnily enough! :slight_smile:

Lucie

Sorry you are having trouble too. Yes I had terrible trouble getting through the other week. I wasn’t in when they called me to arrange a delivery, so I tried to get back through to them for a whole week hanging on for well over an hour on more than one occasions and still no joy. I left a message and sent two emails. Eventually they did ring me again, thankfully, but there was no acknowledgement of my messages or apologies when I very politely mentioned how much time I had spent trying to get through. Hope they ring you soon. Mish x

Hi Mish,

Oh dear…They used to be really good… looking at their website it looks like they have changed their delivery company and have had a few teething problems.

I am on hold to them as I type… and have now resorted to faxing them. Think I will be humming that horrible hold music in my sleep :slight_smile:

Hope that the fax hasn’t run out of paper!..

Thinking positive but every day is nearer to my holiday… its quite warm where I’m going and don’t want to relapse whilst im there…

Doh!

Hi Mish,

Oh dear…They used to be really good… looking at their website it looks like they have changed their delivery company and have had a few teething problems.

I am on hold to them as I type… and have now resorted to faxing them. Think I will be humming that horrible hold music in my sleep :slight_smile:

Hope that the fax hasn’t run out of paper!..

Thinking positive but every day is nearer to my holiday… its quite warm where I’m going and don’t want to relapse whilst im there…

Doh!

And another 25 minutes on hold without a reply… very frustrating!

And another 25 minutes on hold without a reply… very frustrating!

Lucie

I’ve been using health care at home they are used by biogen or the NHS to deliver my Fampyra I’ve had to use them since October last year there ment to deliver every 4 weeks but I’ve got my delivery hassel free and on time once in all that time and as you wrote I’ve had the same problem as you I’ve had to go without my meds for up to a week the first time it happened they wrote a email apologising and and said it would never happen again they sent me 2 weeks extra incase it ever happen again but it did I’ve used up my extra 2 weeks so not if but when it happens again I’ll be out of them.

I went on to the NHS web site heres the link

http:/www.nhs.uk/services/pharmacies/reviewsandratings/defaultview.aspx?i’d=12522

I read so many reviews and everyone had the same problem I thought it was just me you can rate them with 1 to 5 stars and everyone had 1 star I only read 1 that gave them 2 stars.

I can’t understand way the NHS or anyone would use that company If I ran a delivery company and my service was like that I’d soon be out of business. One delivery driver gave my medication to a shop keeper in the next village to give to me I only got it the next evening when the shop keepers wife gave it to me that was very dangerous giving medication to anyone other then the person its meant for.

Mark.

Hi Lucie

Take a look at the thread http://www.mssociety.org.uk/forum/everyday-living/healthcare-home-yuck, and yes I did start it.

Thanks to them I came off Copaxone 3 months earlier than I expected. A week after I had run out, they phoned me to “arrange my next delivery”. I think my hospital may have got onto them. They were surprised to be told that I was now “off” the medication (see my post about emailing them), and when I tackled the caller about arranging for the sharps bins to be collected I was told that someone would call me back about this. I am still waiting, of course.

I believe that they have a dedicated email addy for Rebif - you could look through the NHS ratins (see Mark’s post above) and it may be in one of their replies.

I shall just keep on emailing them about the sharps bins (that way I have a record).

Geoff

I am having the same problem!!

I’ve been getting Rebif from Health Care At Home for years and I have never had a problem until recently. They never call me. I have to call them. Also when I request needles or a new sharps bin, It’s never delivered.

Rebif if a great drug for my RRMS and havn’t had a relapse since starting it. I worry because I’m note sure if I can trust HAH anymore. I’m not sure they know what they are doing.

I am having the same problem!!

I’ve been getting Rebif from Health Care At Home for years and I have never had a problem until recently. They never call me. I have to call them. Also when I request needles or a new sharps bin, It’s never delivered.

Rebif if a great drug for my RRMS and havn’t had a relapse since starting it. I worry because I’m note sure if I can trust HAH anymore. I’m not sure they know what they are doing.

They’ve rang me arranged a delivery date usually a Friday morning I get a txt message the day before to txt NO if I theres no one the to sign for it but there always is or I make a point of being there I check my tracking number the night before and it says it will be delivered some time between 9.30am and 3.00pm so I or someone has to stay at home most of the day then 9 times out of 10 it doesn’t arrive then when I check the tracking number again it always says failed delivery at 11.30am everytime theres some excuse

After my personal poor experiences with HAH and reading other peoples comments it makes me frustrated!!

I wish we could do something!

Hi lucie Yes, it is only recently I have had problems too. They obviously need to do something to put things right…and quickly! How can you let people run out of daily required drugs? I shall cross my fingers you get hold of them soon so you don’t have to worry while on holiday. Mish x PS …hope you don’t still have the music rattling around : )

If you have an ms nurse why not phone the nurse and ask them to sort it out. However, you are getting desperate now, if you get through on the phone ask if they can post it out to you. I’ve had that before. Also great idea to keep slightly more in stock than they are aware of, gives you a bit of leeway. They tell you to keep two weeks stock anyway but tell them you have had a few messed up injections and they will bring the delivery forward and you will have extra spare. Cheryl:-)

Hello fellow forum members who have posted (very much appreciated!) I’m sorry that you have all been in a very similar situation - one way or another-but also relived that I’m not alone with my gripes- thought I was going mad!.., I know that in a situation like this - people are more likey to make a complaint than give praise…and like I said in an earlier post HAH were great initially-and really couldn’t do enough to help. Unfortunately in my opinion the service is going steadily downhill :frowning: All of your suggestions have been great…thank you so much! Have now resorted to twitter… Me thinks I may just get a reply- fingers crossed :slight_smile: I’m like a dog with a bone now - no pun intended May98 :slight_smile: Lucie

Hooray…!

My tweet seems to have worked-I have had a message back on twitter from HAH to say that they will sort out the problem, and to send them my details.

So there you go- tweeting is the way forward (at least to get some sort of response)… and always a bonus- as its free to tweet ( rather than holding on the phone to dreadful music).

Feeling very pleased with myself :slight_smile:

Lucie x

Hooray…!

My tweet seems to have worked-I have had a message back on twitter from HAH to say that they will sort out the problem, and to send them my details.

So there you go- tweeting is the way forward (at least to get some sort of response)… and always a bonus- as its free to tweet ( rather than holding on the phone to dreadful music).

Feeling very pleased with myself :slight_smile:

Lucie x

I’d like to congratulate Lucie for getting HAH to notice you. But you should have to go that far.

I am on my last cartridge and been on hold for ten minutes. I sent an email two days ago and again, no reply.

I’m not on twitter and never plan to. I hate social networking, it’s not natural.

When they answer my call, I SWEAR that I’m going to give them a piece of my mind!

I’d like to congratulate Lucie for getting HAH to notice you. But you should have to go that far.

I am on my last cartridge and been on hold for ten minutes. I sent an email two days ago and again, no reply.

I’m not on twitter and never plan to. I hate social networking, it’s not natural.

When they answer my call, I SWEAR that I’m going to give them a piece of my mind!

Hi,

this has happened to me on quite a few occasions. Only way it was sorted was by calling my ms nurse. He is hoping to change the delivery company now but we’ll see if that makes a difference.

Debs xx