Annoyed!

Received my appointment through for my MRI and I’m not happy. Over a month after my neurologist appointment and it’s on a Sunday at 6.45am! I’m going to have to get up at 5am. I feel like I’m just being shoved in somewhere and not that important. I’ve got two young children so I’m going to have to get someone to look after them. I’m completely fed up of the NHS but I don’t have the money to go private :frowning:

Changed the appointment…and now I’ve got to wait an extra 3 weeks! By the time I get this appointment it’s been about half a year since I had this attack which has pretty much subsided now.

That IS ridiculous; I’m glad you’ve got it changed.

They’re obviously trying to clear a backlog, if they’re offering scans at that time on a Sunday, but if it’s any consolation, I wouldn’t have been able to go, either.

Not just because of being ill and needing to get up at 5:00(!) but public transport is rubbish on Sundays, and taxi fares are double.

I’d have rung them and told them to stick it, too. People who are WELL, and OK to make it to the hospital for 6:45 a.m. wouldn’t be needing a scan, would they? Bizarre!

Tina

6.45am?! Words fail me!

Glad you could get it moved!

Karen x

I’m just hoping that it’s nothing worse than M.S (I.E a tumor) causing my symptoms or some other life threatening condition where the wait affects my chances of recovery. I’ve had to wait a long time for all my appointments. I’m quite tempted to write a letter of complaint. My notes were missing from the previous time I saw the neurologist and I don’t think it is acceptable to give me a terrible appointment in the first place which caused me to cancel it and then have to wait nearly another month for the next one. I already felt forgotten about in the first place.

I’m pretty sure they must already have ruled out a tumour, or anything else life-threatening.

The NHS can move fast, where anything like that is suspected.

MS, whilst serious, is not considered an emergency.