An almost answer, finally!

Hi, hope everyone is well.

After a 9 week wait for a neuro appt I finally got to see her today. She is pretty certain it is MS, sending me for an MRI and i’ve had bloods done. Jusr to “dot the i’s and cross the t’s”.

After the MRI she says she will put me in touch with the MS nurse but at this stage as symptoms are quite mild (numbess and optic neuritis) she doesn’t want to consider drugs just yet.

So i’ve been researching alternatives to drugs. I already take cod liver oil, B complex vits, multi vit and 1000iu of vit d. Does anyone know of anything else that could be beneficial? I’ve been looking the SWANK diet and it seems pretty senisble even if it doesn’t help MS.

Liza x

Hi Liza, Sounds like you are covering all bases. I have not heard of the swank diet but assuming you don’t deprive yourself of any food group and do eat in moderation i’m sure it should be fine.

I take vitiman D3 and B12, maybe have a chat with your GP, make sure you keep your levels checked regularly, don’t want to overdo it.

Best of luck

Laura x

Hi Laura, thanks for the reply. I’m going to see my GP tomorrow, see what advice (if any he can give me :slight_smile: I think I’m hoping to find some magic cure which logically I know doesn’t exist! Liza

It won’t cure the problem your right, but it might help! Let us know how things go? Laura x