Amitriptyline

Hello

Does any one else take Amitriptyline? Does this help with tingling, aching and pain?

How much are you taking and have you noticed any side effects?

Thanks

im on 50mg and it defo stopped the pins and needles but numbness remained still got aching and pain but better then before as my skin felt electric before it was horrible.

Makes me tired hour or so after taking but ive never slept better in my life gives you weird dreams and i dont stop eating although today all ive had is toast as im feeling really ruff.

im on 50mg and it defo stopped the pins and needles but numbness remained still got aching and pain but better then before as my skin felt electric before it was horrible.

Makes me tired hour or so after taking but ive never slept better in my life gives you weird dreams and i dont stop eating although today all ive had is toast as im feeling really ruff.

I am on amitriptyline. have gradually built up to 80mg and still going. It has helped lots with taking the edge off the tingling, aching and pain. I started on 10 and that was good for a couple of weeks then went up gradually from there as my body seemed to like it for a bit and then get used to it. On 80mg is okay but it is starting to make me feel a bit wiped out the following morning. I try to take it by 8pm so that I can get up at 6.30am. Of course I am now sleeping like a baby from about 10pm.

It hasn’t got rid of all the symptoms but it has made them a lot more bearable.

Side effects 4 me = drowsiness

I feel that my life is better now I am taking them. (but everyone is different and dosage can affect different people in different ways)

I take 30mg as suggested at 8pm.

I had to play around with the time and dose to find what suited me. It took about a month to lose the drugged up feeling,but I wouldnt be without it now.

What I do find is if I take it later than 8pm I have a very poor nights sleep.

I would def give it a whirl but give it a proper chance for your body to get used to it and build the dose up slowly.

Pip

I’m on 20mg, once a night. But my doc is reluctant to up the amount, despite telling her it is useless and doesnt help at all. She just tells me it is designed to make me sleepy so she cant give me too much. It doesn’t even touch the pain / tingling / numbness

Mamap When I told my neuro I was on 20mg he said that that was a baby dose and I should go up gradually till I feel it is having an effect or is making me drowsy. My gp is happy for me to go up 2 140mg if I cd take it . I am built like a brick outhouse tho so maybe I can tolerate more? Tf x

I take 75mg and hour before bed. I was perscribed it to try and prevent migraines a few months ago, I didn’t even know it could effect the pins and needles etc so that is interesting to read.

It doesn’t make much difference to my sleep patterns. I seem to get resistant to meds very quickly though.

Thanks everyone, I only started it a couple of days ago and I feel like I’m in a fog, Very tired,

My legs seems to wobbly too, Not sure if this is possible MS symptom (not yet fully DX) or wether it’s the pills?

Thanks everyone, I only started it a couple of days ago and I feel like I’m in a fog, Very tired,

My legs seems to wobbly too, Not sure if this is possible MS symptom (not yet fully DX) or wether it’s the pills?

Hi Reebe

I take amiltriptyline 50mg at night. I have been taking it for about a year now and I do sleep better with it, but at times I do have really lucid dreams which is a bit freaky. I cant say that I have noticed an improvement with the numbness etc either.

Hope you get on ok with it

Paula xx