Forum

Amantadine

Hi,

I’ve run out of amantadine and have been told that it’s probably going to be the end of the month before any more comes in at the chemist.

I took my prescription in a week ago. I ran out of amantadine on Friday. I tried my drs for an alternative and was told there is no alternative but it’s not a life preserving drug, it’s for quality of life so I should be ok til some comes in or try my neuro for an alternative. I couldn’t get hold of my neuro as her secretary is on holiday and no one is covering her whilst she’s away.

I asked at the chemist today in a hope that some had come in. They now say it isn’t on order as I haven’t handed in a prescription. I’ve lost the IOU slip they gave me but this is normally ok as they have a copy. They said go to drs to get a prescription . I phoned the drs who wouldn’t give me a prescription as they had already given me one and to go back to the chemist. Chemist then said that I’d told them to cross it off .why would I be asking for it if I’d told them to cross it off and why would I want a drug that I need crossing off?!! They then said they still had no amantadine and I should phone the other chemists in town. I thought that they’d check the other chemists. I thought my drs should have asked my neuro for an alternative. I feel like everyone is being unhelpful and I’m struggling .

i just don’t know where to go from here.