Alternative treatments?

Hi all! I am new to group and newly diagnosed. Haven’t been told what type of MS, but after researching myself, looks like PPMS. Not on any prescribed medication yet. My main symptoms are numb feet, pins and needles and general weakness in legs as well as attacks of fatigue, partial loss of control of my bladder and bowels, mood swings.

My question really is: Has anyone done/ tried/ doing other ways- alternative ways of treatment?

Myself am believer in medicine, science, doctors and treatments.
Long story short I am on Traditional Chinese Medicine combined with red light therapy and InterX (electro neurostimulation).

I know that MS has no cure and don’t expect to be as healthy as I used, but if I can ease the discomfort and pain and prolong quality life, I thought I would try.

I have only just started the TCM, and can’t say anything about it yet, but today realised that have been sleeping through the night without going for a wee in the night (I usually go 2-3 times a night).

I have done interx before, for pain back, which wasn’t MS related. Being honest, wasn’t expecting much, but after 5 seasons pain was gone completely.

I am hoping, but not expecting, so to say.

Anyone has any experience with similar things?

Thank you

If your PPMS is active, then Ocrevus might be an option for you.

Ocrevus (ocrelizumab) | MS Trust

My alternative choice is LDN and have been taking that on the NHS for nearly twenty years. Take a look and see what you make of it.

Low Dose Naltrexone (LDN) Choices booklet - MS-UK

Medcram has done some interesting videos recently on near-infra red light and potential health benefits.

1 Like