aloe vera gel

Hi All, A friend has recommended Aloa Vera gel and bee pollen to help with fatigue, I was wondering if anyone else has tried it and there experience? Thanks Barney

Oh, these well-meaning friends!

I suppose, like anything, if you really believe they will work, they just might. But if fixing the fatigue of a serious illness was as simple as just popping to Holland and Barrett (or wherever) and stocking up on aloe vera gel and/or bee pollen, then we’re all feeling knackered all the time for nothing, really, aren’t we?

Why don’t neurologists endorse this easy fix? Is it because they’re all part of a conspiracy with “Big Pharma” to stop us using DIY remedies that work? Or could it be that they won’t promote a load of old nonsense with no scientific basis?

I know which I think. I’m sure your friend means well - as do all friends who suggest these things. But frankly, if it worked, you could knock me down with a feather. You have a serious illness, not a spot of the glums that would benefit from a quick (but not necessarily cheap) natural pick-me-up.

Tina

x

1 Like

I was persuaded to buy some Aloe Vera gel once from a franchise called ‘Forever Living’ (or something similar). I quite liked it. But the bloke kept ringing me up to ask whether it had cured my MS yet (it hadn’t) and I had to be a bit firm to make him go away.

I didn’t notice it doing anything for energy. Definitely go for it if you have a sluggish gut, though - it makes you poo for England.

Alison

1 Like

Yes barney, aloe vera is a very good product for the digestive system but it will not sort out your fatigue, unfortunately.

xx

[quote=“Blossom”]

Yes barney, aloe vera is a very good product for the digestive system but it will not sort out your fatigue, unfortunately.

xx

[/quote] nice and too the point!

Julien xx

Thanks guys i am the biggest sceptic to these things - the list of suggestions was a lot longer but these were the twk i could remember. My bowels don’t function so maybe I should try for that but on the other hand will i be able to get there in time. Have been really off the last few days and was sick today and main fear is getting there in time as makes the whole thing even worse :frowning: My friend has a serious illness too and found these useful to them, so it was suggested with some more thought than just a perfectly well friend. I suppose i am getting so desperate to find something that would make me feel better than I do currently and might help. I am getting so frustrated and hating what my life is becoming. I wasn’t the greatest social person anyway but when your work has different Christmas socials and posting the great time they have all been having and you had to decline because of practicality as well as the fatigue, loud noise lighting etc it has all got too much to cope with. Been trying to put Christmas decorations up today and really struggling. I am getting really down and fed up with life. Sorry just let it out how i’m feeling Barney

Thanks guys i am the biggest sceptic to these things - the list of suggestions was a lot longer but these were the twk i could remember. My bowels don’t function so maybe I should try for that but on the other hand will i be able to get there in time. Have been really off the last few days and was sick today and main fear is getting there in time as makes the whole thing even worse :frowning: My friend has a serious illness too and found these useful to them, so it was suggested with some more thought than just a perfectly well friend. I suppose i am getting so desperate to find something that would make me feel better than I do currently and might help. I am getting so frustrated and hating what my life is becoming. I wasn’t the greatest social person anyway but when your work has different Christmas socials and posting the great time they have all been having and you had to decline because of practicality as well as the fatigue, loud noise lighting etc it has all got too much to cope with. Been trying to put Christmas decorations up today and really struggling. I am getting really down and fed up with life. Sorry just let it out how i’m feeling Barney

Aww barney, I do feel for you.

Try the aloe vera, if only to help the constipation. Being constipated for too long can make you feel tired/headaches and not very sociable.

I used to have a lot of problems with constipation and took movicol everyday. I now take two heaped tablespoons of Linseed hemp on my porridge every morning and I haven’t needed the movicol for months.

This is the time of year for people to be more prone to depression and just generally feeling fed up with life. Do you ask family friends to help when you need it barney? people do like the pleasure of helping.

((((((hugs))))))

hiya

i tried to send u pm but i cant…

dunno about aloe vera but i can say that the bee propolis is beneficial for me.

send me a pm and i will try to reply…

Thanks for hugs blossom :slight_smile: Chocorange i have sent you a message Barney