Advise new diagnosis

i haven’t been put on any treatment as I’m not having relapses that often. My doctor said if I do start having them more frequently then they’ll look at putting me on something.

Hi all. New to this waiting for Mir, I have been treated for psoriatic arthritis for yrs but when I woke up to go to the loo on the 23rd I couldn’t walk. My head was sooooo painful my eyes weren’t right. Bladder feels heavy, weeing has changed start stop thing, over the last day or two my walking has got better, seen the Neuro who sent me for cat scan he said there was scarring and dark area’s on the brain. I can’t have an Mir for 6/8 wks any advice from you all would help as this first attack made me think I was dieing phew it was very frightening as I didn’t know what was happening. Would love yr help as this happened only a wk ago so very very new,Jan xx

Hiya and happy New Year,

I am awaiting a diagnosis of my MS after the 2nd MRI scan in 2 years (My first was after a relapse that went away without incident), although even my neurologist says it is “almost certainly MS” after reviewing my first MRI.

The most recent relapse after a spell in teaching (Iasted only a few months) but I am determined to secure a career.

I have obviously subconciously tackled the MS the best I can as a life-long student (I have a PGCE and PhD) to manage the emotions associated with fatigue. Financially, I am ok. However, I am keen to get into a career that suits my condition. Teaching attracting me because it was not overtly reliant on using skills that I have found difficult with my cognitive fatigue- I have continually avoided jobs that involve physical work and continuous reading.

My question is this: Have you any career advice? I am looking at driving instruction and have forged contacts in that field. I know that insurance and the DVLA may be an issue? I think working for myself, being sat down and teaching/being sympathetic/patient all suit me. I know that everyone’s MS is different and that you don’t know me. But, I am wanting to forge ahead here. I am keen to begin the driving instruction, but have you had any experience with what restrictions with the MS that the DVLA put on you? I know this is a vague question. But, I am keen to work.

Kin regards

John