Advice to ease a bad numbness relapse

I got a very sudden relapse on Sunday where i’m numb from my waist to my ankles. I had this years ago and it’s soooo horrible to have back again. Any advice to help get rid of it??? I’ve been eating well and exercising, but boy I just want it to ease :(( xx

Hiya I’m in the same boat as you. 28th May mine started. Over the weeks the numbness on the left side of my torso travelled down to the toes. A nice thick ‘dentist’ numbness. Several months on the ‘thick’ numbness has gone and a slightly reduced sensation is left along with some tightness around the belly and some on the back. I have re-started amitriptyline (3rd time) and this is helping with these sensations. I suppose your GP might suggest steriods? If you have an MS Nurse - give her/him a call? It’s 'orrible, though isn’t it? Take care, Marty

Sorry, I’m not aware of this. Short, of asking a doctor and do what you did before, I have no advice. Good luck. Marcus.

Thank you so much for this. I got steroids in the past but was hesitant to do that this time as my husband and I are trying for a family. Thanks though, and sorry to hear you’ve gone through the same. It feels like i have polystyrene stuck around my legs :? xx

marty2005 wrote:

Hiya I’m in the same boat as you. 28th May mine started. Over the weeks the numbness on the left side of my torso travelled down to the toes. A nice thick ‘dentist’ numbness. Several months on the ‘thick’ numbness has gone and a slightly reduced sensation is left along with some tightness around the belly and some on the back. I have re-started amitriptyline (3rd time) and this is helping with these sensations. I suppose your GP might suggest steriods? If you have an MS Nurse - give her/him a call? It’s 'orrible, though isn’t it? Take care, Marty

Marty I just wanted to thank you for the excellent descriptions. ‘Dentist’ and ‘thick’ numbness - really nice ways of describing feelings I’ve had too. alison

I’ve got this as well. Mine started in June and has calmed down a bit but still the dentist numbness from about the knees down (was up to waist at worst and completely numb bum). I have been on gabapentin with no success, and am now on amitryptaline, started a low dose and doubling it tonight. I’m hoping it will have a bit of effect, hate not being able to walk around for long, feels like i’m walking on stones. I am also on the paleo diet to try to help a bit, even if it might help stop things getting worse, who knows. Hope you find something that works soon, its such a bizarre and horrible feeling.