Advice please

I’m yet to be diagnosed but need some advice.

I struggle to walk more than a couple of 100 metres due to muscle weakness and fatigue and standing for long periods makes my balance worse and makes me feel dizzy. Rising from being seated or from a lying down position is almost impossible without help and when I do my hip and thigh muscles are so stiff it is really painfull. The pain from the stiffness gets worse throughout the day.

Over the last few weeks I’ve developed a tremor in my left hand, weaker side meaning I am struggling with finer movements such as texting holding book etc and I’ve had several ‘accidents’ as I have either not felt the urge to go or have felt the urge but not managed to hold it to walk the couple of metres to the loo, which is new to me although I have suffered with urgency etc for several years.

I’ve also found my eyes are having trouble tracking movement such as when scrolling down a webpage.

What suggestions do you have to help me with the above?

Also I have a shoe related question. Do any of you manage to wear heels? Over the last couple of years I’ve tried low heels, low block heels and wedges but fall in in all them, is there any heels I can wear as I’m stuck with flat boots and trainers and they’re not very flattering.

oh to wear heels Im 5 2" I just wear flats or a small wedge my balance completly goes and I look like Dick Emery when I walk

The best advice I can give you is to go and see your GP. Some of your symptoms could be helped with meds; others might respond to physio or to another treatment. You don’t need a diagnosis for any of these things. GPs often cop out when they don’t have any guidance from a consultant, but they CAN prescribe and refer for undiagnosed patients. Can’t really help with the heels thing - I am still trying to learn to love flatties - not sure I will ever get there :frowning: Karen x

My GP has been down the physio route with me already, it was no help, the osteopth provided some very short term relief for the first few months and the exercises she gave me were helping, then all benefit stopped.

I will speak to him regarding medication though, if the neurologist doesn’t suggest something when I see him on Tuesday.

I have some lovely French Sole ballet flts but they don’t seem to provide enough support and structure for me feet.

My GP has been down the physio route with me already, it was no help, the osteopth provided some very short term relief for the first few months and the exercises she gave me were helping, then all benefit stopped.

I will speak to him regarding medication though, if the neurologist doesn’t suggest something when I see him on Tuesday.

I have some lovely French Sole ballet flts but they don’t seem to provide enough support and structure for me feet.