Advice for when you are about to start using a wheelchair full time.

Are there any rooms off the hallway where you can do a friendly passing manoeuvre? If so, you should be able to train him
Dan

hi no its just a long thin hallway between kitchen down to bathroom. off the hallway is one door (Kitchen) by this door is 2 cupboards on one side and on other radiator, then door to sitting room opposite is the front door, then door to bedroom on left and directly in front is the bathroom. I wouldnt actually be able to get from my bedroom into my bathroom because of the allowable manouvre space.

will try and take photo today. the rooms off are not too bad size its just their access.

After 20 years of MS treated from 2000 to 2006 with Rebif(efficient to that year) and then Avonex(not efficient to calm down my lesions’ number increase) i found this website (removed by moderator) just 3 months ago, It made a tremendous difference for me I had improved walking balance, muscle strength and improved vision, always thankful for nature that helps in managing these terrible diseases.

1 Like

Sorry the link was removed, I’m sure it would have been helpful.

I used to have a Sheltie, many years ago and he was the most intelligent dog. You could easily have told him to “go to the kitchen” or any other room and he would do it! So I suppose you could train a similar dog to just go to another room, or stay, while you went down the narrow corridor. I hope so, because I would love another dog but I’m a bit afraid of them being hurt with wheels, or the stairlift.

1 Like