A little advice would be brilliant!!!

Hi i really just need some advice… and probably some guidance!! I have been having bizare symptoms for several months now. It started with tingerling and numbness in my face and arms (was horrible felt like things under my skin and lasted for a week) and i also had tremors reaching and holding things eurgh forget it!!! Along with those i found out my reflexes in my legs werent to hot either and achey sore eyes and some blurred vision. This lasted over a week saw my gp she wasnt bothered. Went back again as it wasnt going (again within this week as i was freaking out) and she reffered me to a neurologit. Due to the time frame i have been waiting forever (still not seen been 4 months and looking like next year).

The last 2 weeks i have been hit again this time with chronic fatigue, i can fall asleep on a fishing line after doing a smple thing that would never have bothered me before. My eyes are hurting and stinging and again all blurred vison. The tremors are bac the tingerling and mumbness is back my knees and joints are painfull achey and have been told my reflexes in my legs are now diminished (what ever tha means). I am now 2 weeks in feeing like utter pants and the headaches eurgh… but does anyone know the time frame or if i am actually dealing with MS symptoms as i am at my wits end. My partner showed me a map and could i even attempt to figure out where it was he was showing no chance anymore, trying to find my way out of a paper bag is a task but this has all been te last 4 months and this is the second time i have had all of this and my short term memory has upped and left me!!! did i mention i have the attention san of a nano nat!!!

Any advice would be brilliant as im loosing it with my gp im 33 and feel like a 100 year old!!! And anyway can i push for an apointment as i would love to know whats going on. And how long with i feel like this will the feeins go as quick as they came on? Thank and so sorry for my incorherant all over the place ramble xxx

Hi rolo

Firstly, I’m sorry to hear about all your symptoms - it must be distressing for you :frowning:

I am not diagnosed as having MS, and may well not even have it as am currently going through tests etc to explain my symptoms. I’m afraid there are a lot of different conditions that ‘mimic’ MS with their symptoms. Even a vitamin B12 deficiency can cause all sorts of neurological issues, so it’s hard to say what might be wrong in your case.

I would suggest going back to the GP and explain that it has been 4 months since referral and you haven’t heard anything. I don’t know if it’s the same for all GPs but mine actually booked my neuro appointment for me online during my appointment with her. I must stress that this could vary wildly dependant on which part of the country you are in - so this may not be possible with your GP.

However, I think the fact you are experiencing all this is reason enough for you to return to the GP and see if there’s anything else they can do to speed up your referral.

Hope this helps

PG xx

Hi, there neuros are far and few between in links and the wait is unbelievable. I have had all bloods done checked for all vitamin issues esp b6 and b12 all fine. It’s the loss of balance and nearly falling over that’s not pleasant. But I am going to get my other half to chase up the hospital and see what can be done. 2 weeks in came on over a span of a day and not going but last time it lasted 10 days and went as quick as it came on (in the span of a day) so we shall see. Thank you for your advice and I do hope your test do go ok and you have no nasty side effects

Hi Rolo I have just had a squizz at NICE (doctors law) guidelines for MS. What it says is anyone with symptoms suspect of MS should be seen within a rapid audited time - or words to that effect. 4 months does not seem rapid to me If it were me but then I can be pushy I would show this to my GP and ask what this means. Rapid implies quick and audit implies a standard consistent measured wait for all. Hope that you get seen soon Hugs Min xx

Hello rolo

4 months is a long time. If you know which hospital your going to then ring the neurologist secretary on monday and enquire how much longer your appointments going to be. Let them know how long you have been waiting.

If your still not happy then contact PALS at said hospital…you will find the contact details on the hospital website.

All the best, Noreen

Thank you i didn’t realsie theres a time frame for this. I will push on Monday and see what happenes. I have no idea what else it can be at all i am at a total loss. I know my biological mother has MS (i dont speak to her nor have a relationship with her i only know through my half sister) I have been prescribed with amiltriptiline (sp??) 50 mg a day but thats for my back condition (si joint is up the spout and they think its spondilitus but need more damage to show) But its the weakness in my hands and the tremors reduce my hands to nothing. The gp asked if anyone had a tremors disorder in my family i said i only know of parkinsons in my immediate family and MS with my mother. Again no idea what hr symptoms are at all but told as i follow her closely (she also has spondilitus and also had other issues i have also suffered with)

But what does reflexes in my legs diminished mean and is there anything else that can cause your reflexes to go, tremors, blurred vision, sore eyes (i wear glasses already but doesnt help it) the numb face, arms and legs and the tingerling like things are under your skin and the floors moving (honest its not me walking like im half cut with no co-ordination and having to hold onto things so i dont fall over, its all the floors!!!) and falling down stairs is common. The extreme tiredness even something simple tires me out and its not going away now at all 15 days in eugh (last time i was like this was just over 4 months ago) and sharp pains in my head then they go… I think im fit for the funny farm, truth be told!!!

Thank you though i will chase and chase and act like a crazy lady i feel like!!

Thank you i didn’t realsie theres a time frame for this. I will push on Monday and see what happenes. I have no idea what else it can be at all i am at a total loss. I know my biological mother has MS (i dont speak to her nor have a relationship with her i only know through my half sister) I have been prescribed with amiltriptiline (sp??) 50 mg a day but thats for my back condition (si joint is up the spout and they think its spondilitus but need more damage to show) But its the weakness in my hands and the tremors reduce my hands to nothing. The gp asked if anyone had a tremors disorder in my family i said i only know of parkinsons in my immediate family and MS with my mother. Again no idea what hr symptoms are at all but told as i follow her closely (she also has spondilitus and also had other issues i have also suffered with)

But what does reflexes in my legs diminished mean and is there anything else that can cause your reflexes to go, tremors, blurred vision, sore eyes (i wear glasses already but doesnt help it) the numb face, arms and legs and the tingerling like things are under your skin and the floors moving (honest its not me walking like im half cut with no co-ordination and having to hold onto things so i dont fall over, its all the floors!!!) and falling down stairs is common. The extreme tiredness even something simple tires me out and its not going away now at all 15 days in eugh (last time i was like this was just over 4 months ago) and sharp pains in my head then they go… I think im fit for the funny farm, truth be told!!!

Thank you though i will chase and chase and act like a crazy lady i feel like!!

Hello rolo. I’m sure you know the word diminished means to become smaller or less. So think about this in relation to your relexes. I’m a qualified nurse and I really don’t like getting into guessing games of what may be causing that in your case.

I fully appreciate how worried you are, which is why you should chase things up on monday. It could be caused by other things besides MS. You shouldn’t have waited this long.

I really hope everything turns out good for you…keep pushing for answers won’t you?

Take care, Noreen

PS: when I say you shouldn’t have waited, I mean regards hospital keeping you waiting for neuro appointment