3.30 pm today :((

I feel ick !!!

Sorry about the medical retirement Catherine, especially since you’ve worked so hard over the years but you adapt well to your new life. Human beings are very adaptable. Keep your chin up! Teresa xx

I am so sorry to read about your forced ‘retirement’ but hopefully you can move on to other interests or even charity work as though the monetary rewards won’t be much to shout about, the satisfaction will be and you could use your skills in other areas.

Keep your pecker up.

take care,

Moira

Hope going well xx Will be interested to hear how you get on - I work in the public sector too.

Hi Mrs H. I read your post with interest as I have the dreaded meeting with my employer on Thursday at 3pm. Should I take my birth certificate too do you think? I’m a 43 year old (possibly ex) nurse with over 21 years experience, been off sick now for 2 1/2 years and just got my diagnosis a week ago. My neuro has already told me that I can only work if I can get a job that lets me do nothing more than talk to people once a week for no more than 3 hours. What do you think my chances are? Definitely have to keep our chins up like you have all advised and look forward to starting over. Take care. Min x

Woo bloody hoo !! Over. Done. Dusted. Phew !! Thanks to all of you for the good wishes. Much appreciated. Next phase of life starts tomorrow. Xx

And yes, Alison, you are right on both counts. Financially, I am secure. Happily. And yes, Teresa, it is about the sheer, damned hard work but I never could work out why, for a long time now, I’ve been less and less focused and driven and more and more befuddled and crackered. As everything, it’s the lack of choice that we are so often given with this bloomin disease. But hey, it could be so much worse as life so often is.

My posts appeared this morning !!!

How do you feel today hun?

Made any plans yet? Or am I being too previous?

luv Pollx

Hi Poll As much as I am loathed to admit it…I feel…relieved !! Blessedly relieved that I don’t have to think about pushing myself to my limits anymore. I got an excellent deal, so financially, the worry and stress is over too. I guess I will feel even better when the pension company actually send me the paperwork to sign because it still doesn’t feel real but all in all, it’s a good feeling. I can now focus on me, MrH, health, happiness and well being which can only be a positive…MS doesn’t like competitors for its attention. Xx

What a lovely positive outlook you have hun.

luv Pollx

Hi Mrs H, Being forced to retire is not a nice feeling as it also happened to me, but now looking back I don’t know how I ever found the time to go to work. It gives you a new found freedom and I wish you the best enjoyment you can get out of it. Janet x

Thank you all for your kind thoughts and words. Xx I just got the most beautiful bouquet of roses and lilies, delivered, to say commiserations on your retirement from my Mum and Dad. How lucky am I to have such thoughtful patents? Catherine Xx

Ahh, that`s lovely!

pollx