A very Happy New Year to you all.
I have had a lovely Christmas/New Year and plan to return to work on Wednesday, after a long 5 weeks due to a horrid chest infection.
Things have upped a wee bit on the MS front but I will return to work and give it my best shot.
Hope you are all as well as can be.
Much Love
Mary x

Hi Mary, happy new year!

Good luck with your return to work. How many hours a week do yo do?

Take it steady chick.
Boudsxx

Thanks Bouds
I work 22.5 hours a week,Mon-Frid.
Will give it my best shot but will be very honest and open minded.
Maryxx

I have said to my bosses that if they feel I am no longer “able” to do my job the please let me know as soon as. I am not quite sure what hapens if I can no longer work does that mean obviously no wages but is that it. I have a lot of d/d that come from my account and I am terrified that I will not have money. panicing now I know sorry. Hopefully this will never be an issue and I will keep you all up to date with me and work, Thanks for all your invaluable help and advice given over the years.
Mary xx

1 Like

Hi again Mary. I understand how worrying this is for you.

I’m 69 now and had to retire on ill health grounds at 47.

The thing to remember is that your company has to lead the way in your retirement, in order for you to get the best pay out.

Dont volunteer to leave.

Are you getting PIP?. You can claim this whilst working.

Boudsx

It might be worth having a chat with your Union and find out what your best options are. Hopefully, it will put your mind at rest.

Thank you Bouds and Mick, work was ok today I managed fine, a bit more wobblier but ok. The kids were happy to see me and I delighted to be back with them. I spoke at length with the boss today and he said they will put whatever is needed in place to keep me in school. I’l take one day at a time and try my best.
I will keep you all informed.
Mary x

2 Likes