Yesterday i could conquer the world...today cant tie a shoe lace

This is going to be a long rant so feel free to stop reading now… I hate this condition and i know i am not alone. when i read other peoples threads we are all scarred, worried, anxious and i do generally try to look at the positives of everyday living. If theres one good thing about having m.s is that im now a glass half full rather than a glass half empty person but sometimes its so difficult to ‘look at the positives’. Ii have been generally lucky health wise since 2010 although due to my memory being so ridiculously rubbish my family might not agree!. The reason why i need to rant is because one day i start to look forward and make plans like going into help in my sons school for a few hours a week and that works then i think if i can do that then i can do a bit of consultancy work so i can manage my own time which in tern i can mange my m.s…and it goes on from there “oh i could get a part time job” and then reality kicks in. I cant commit to anything it seems as today i can feel (reasonably well) but tomorrow i dont know how i can get down the stairs without sitting on my bottom and picking my legs up one at a time! I really want to be optimistic and plan but i feel m.s keeps coming back and reminding me that i cant plan, i cant do anything near to wot i used to do (which i know i have to make adjustments). I dont set my sights high i just want to earn a bit of money and do in a small way the job i used to do which i loved so much and studied so hard to do. How many times does m.s have to veer its ugly head until it beats you!!. I know tomorrow (hopefully) i will read this and think rationally of all the positives things i have going on in my life and realise it might take a few different turns before i can leave the old me and move on to the new me but its sooooooooooo frustrating when your mind tells you 'you can achieve anything when you put your mind to it but your body says NO. Rant over…thanks if you managed to stay with me to the end lol. I think im looking for other people who have gone through the same frustrations and have managed to find a way through or past the obstacles

Sometimes reality comes and hits me in the face like a brick…everything had changed :frowning:

Hi Am in Limboland but been off work for about six months,eighteen months prior to that…I know what you mean about planning …somebody must’ve hit me with the ‘stupid’ stick in my sleep, because I emailed work to say ready for a phased return…then…have felt Cr*p ever since. Sometimes things change within the day don’t they let alone from day to day…so vent…rant…as much as you want you are entitled to xx (but please don’t give up making plans xx) Mich x

Thanks mich. Thats one of things i find frustrating at 9.05am im ready to tackle the world at 10am i back to square one. I spoke to my m.s nurse today and she suggested some meds to help. I know i have to prioritise what i do in the day time as i have to be well enough to look after my four year old but now hes started school i though this would give me the opportunity to do something for me but it seems the more time i have to myself the more the m.s is progressing. Grrrrrrrrrr

I know what you mean and its so frustrating. The other day I felt great, the sun was shining and in my mind I felt I could walk my dog for miles. However i set my sights on the nearby hill (which isn’t in fact very steep but its about 1/2 a mile from my house to the top). I set off with great intention and motivation with my iPod blasting my favourite upbeat tunes. Turns out my body had a very different notion to my mind. Not only was it too exhausting but it was simply too painful! Back to short walks on the flat! Yes, I should feel grateful I can walk, but its hard accepting I can’t do the things I used to do so easily. Its good to rant!

Hi KAJ

Trying to get through life and focus on life can be hard. I used to manage a shift of 60 people now I cant manage myself . I often think how I can cope but laughing at adversity is a good start.

Graham x

Hi Kaj

I used to get angry but realised that I was just annoying everyone and not helping myself. Now the most important thing in my life is time management.

I am far from pefect but I try hard to be strict with what I do and when. The benefit for me is huge because I actually do more. This does not mean that I have stopped being utterly stupid just less so.

Try looking at behavioural (I forget the next word because I don’t like it) but you can find the info on this site.

I acknowledge that I live a limited life and as I have accepted that as a fact of my life, I can be more positive.

Good luck.

Moira

It is nearly 6 o’clock in the morning and I so want to get into my bed 6 feet away, two things are stopping me, the first I have been trying to get out of this xxxxxx chair for the last few hours, my hands and arms are unable to push me up and my legs will not even think about taking control and standing up.

The other reason is once I get into bed I know it could take quite a long painful time to get out of bed.

I live on my own so there is no one to help me so it is a case of getting on with it.

Like every one else on here I am fed up with MS, my relapse seem to be overlaps but there are worse illnesses out there.

We all have to make life changes ( sometimes every month or so ) so we can continue to live with MS, So if you have to give up work do it while it is you can make the chose rather than it being made for you.

I think I might sleep in my chair for a few hours, maybe my body will feel more like working when I wake up thats the joys of MS you never know. XxX

It is nearly 6 o’clock in the morning and I so want to get into my bed 6 feet away, two things are stopping me, the first I have been trying to get out of this xxxxxx chair for the last few hours, my hands and arms are unable to push me up and my legs will not even think about taking control and standing up.

The other reason is once I get into bed I know it could take quite a long painful time to get out of bed.

I live on my own so there is no one to help me so it is a case of getting on with it.

Like every one else on here I am fed up with MS, my relapse seem to be overlaps but there are worse illnesses out there.

We all have to make life changes ( sometimes every month or so ) so we can continue to live with MS, So if you have to give up work do it while it is you can make the chose rather than it being made for you.

I think I might sleep in my chair for a few hours, maybe my body will feel more like working when I wake up thats the joys of MS you never know. XxX