Yearly infusion-Lemtrada/ Alemtuzumab

Hi everyone,

So after 7 years my neuro has recommended that I start a DMD as I’ve had a recent relapse following bowel surgery. He has suggested 4 treatments but I was wondering if anyone had tried the yearly infusion? From what I’ve read it seems the most effective but comes with some quite serious side effects.

Im 38 and have put off starting DMD’s as I am lucky enough to have quite a mild form of MS- at the moment! My last MRI did show further demyelination so starting to think more about possible deterioration in my condition.

Any thoughts or experiences of this drug would be much appreciated x

I don’t know anything about delivery regimes for Alemtuzumab - I’m on Tysabri - but just wanted to say that I’m glad to hear your neurologist is on the ball and wanting to get your MS back in its box where it belongs. I have heard that it’s a great drug, and I hope it really suits you.

At the risk of sounding facetious about a serious matter, in your shoes I would be about as interested in the choice of delivery regime as a parched traveller lost in the desert would be if asked to choose between Evian and Perrier. :slight_smile:

Good luck with the treatment. I hope it does the trick for you.

Alison

Thanks for the reply Alison.

Im a bit bamboozled by all the treatments and out of the 4 my neuro recommended it appears 2 of them are no longer available for new patients for DMD’s. My neuro is also retiring so I’m at a bit of a loss. I’ve been going to London but will be transferred back to West Sussex where I live.

Im just wondering if certain treatments are only available in certain areas?

How do you find Tysabri?

Julie x