what the hell is going on?

yesterday ian duncan smith tells us he’s angry that people on benefits are gettin too much money compared to working people…i’d like to see how on the pittance we get. now the government are telling everyone that if we are obese or fat then they will penalise us through our benefits, housing benefit and council tax benefit if we don’t do what they tell us to do, they are deciding they don’t like the way some people look so they will force people to go to gyms n stuff to turn us into stick insects that then they are happy, if we dont comply with this forced act (against our human rights) then we face homelessness and further poverty,how the hell is this going to help?

IDSs own statics state that £10 billion is defrauded from benefits in the years 2003-2010; that is £1.4 billion per year. Yes no money should be defrauded but business are estimated; yes estimated to defraud HMRC of £70 billion per year. The answer; or should I say the Tory answer is cut benefits.

By getting the Bank of England (BoE) to print more money (Quantative Easing) surely that is precisely what they are doing The way they use Quantative Easing (QE) is entirely wrong. The idea is The Bank of England (BoE) prints money, puts it in circulation and the banks should then loan it to businesses enabling them to employ more people and creating growth.

But surely growth comes from business selling their goods/services and creating profit? The business will then earn sufficient money to employ a person; that is the way to create growth.

An alternative: give everybody above the age of 16 who earns below £80,000 per year £2,000. They will spend the money on bills, rent/mortgage, consumer goods etc. making profit for businesses and thus creating growth. If they put it into a savings account that is doing exactly what the BoE are doing. This would cost about 70 billion pounds but it should be remembered that the BoE has given the banks 375 billion in QE so far.

In the long term the Robin Hood Tax must be implemented. A less than half 1p in the pound tax on every transaction involving bonds, derivatives etc. (not in your high street bank) would raise £100 billion per year (see http://robinhoodtax.org/)

While we have a Chancellor who equates the country’s budget with that of a household budget saying “in times of austerity we must cut back on our spending” we will have a long, bleak future.

The answer to any bank that wants to move to, say, Hong Kong is simple. If they move they will not be allowed to operate in this country. I’m sure you would get agreement on that in the EU.

The financial situation facing us must have a radical solution; not only will this way I suggest quickly solve the problem it will mean the gaining the trust of the people and whoever introduces it will be elected for a long time to come.

The World must do something; Barak Obama (who is my hero) is trying but comes up against a Republican congress. [edited] who thinks the disabled are an interference.

are they going to force us off the needed medications we are on that cause weight gain? this government reminds me of hitlers time, get rid of anyone whos old, disabled, sick and overweight, whats next? they tell us we are only allowed 1 child or they will kick us out our homes and stop money we get? thats the route they are taking so far, benefits are based on the need of the person, not there size, sex, age or anything else

To me this all started the day a private company started to decide if we are fit to work. Problem is they are putting working people against the ones that cant work, and we are the bad guys in it. Seems we are going back to the work house days. I hate it we didnt choose to get ms. Infact we dont want to have it. Can we give it back?!

looks like cameron and the government have turned into the hitler party, they are penalising us for things we never asked for, this is against our human rights, but as usual the government will make new rules n laws to make sure we cant stop them

ive had enuf of this s@it government, think its time we all started shouting our mouths off to them, get there attention, they have to listen to us

This Government is really annoying all of us. I work full time but have been signed off sick due to MS 3 times last year. I am due to go back on 7th Jan and am dreading it cause I know they are getting annoyed with me and I had a really bad fall on Sunday so now have a huge black eye and badly bruised right hand which probably won’t be away by the time I go back. I have been told I may be paid off through sickness and the governement tell me I am not elligable for DLA so will have to go onto job seekers - what employer want someone who can be off sick 3 times a year? Government SUCKS!!!

who ever has ms IS elligable to claim dla, ignore wat the government tells you, they only want you to know wat they want you to know, not wat u really need to know

[quote=“clairec375”]

This Government is really annoying all of us. I work full time but have been signed off sick due to MS 3 times last year. I am due to go back on 7th Jan and am dreading it cause I know they are getting annoyed with me and I had a really bad fall on Sunday so now have a huge black eye and badly bruised right hand which probably won’t be away by the time I go back. I have been told I may be paid off through sickness and the governement tell me I am not elligable for DLA so will have to go onto job seekers - what employer want someone who can be off sick 3 times a year? Government SUCKS!!!

[/quote] Have you appealed against the decision on your dla, if nt you really should, not sure how long has elapsed but you need to seek advice and reapply, many are turned down on their first attempt but are given an award on appeal.

Vicki, I have tried twice now and been turned down both times, I went to an Advice Shop the last time and they helped me complete the forms and were sure I would get something but got turned down again so they now think my only option is a tribunal but if that fails I need to wait another 6 months before I can claim again and by that time I think I will be unemployed if my employer has their way. I will wait till I go back to work and see

Vicki, I have tried twice now and been turned down both times, I went to an Advice Shop the last time and they helped me complete the forms and were sure I would get something but got turned down again so they now think my only option is a tribunal but if that fails I need to wait another 6 months before I can claim again and by that time I think I will be unemployed if my employer has their way. I will wait till I go back to work and see

theres a site called benefits and work, have a look on that site and you’ll get sum great help

Hello there,and Happy New Thursday.I’ve just heard on the wireless that if a person classified as obese, who doesn’t attend a ‘Fitness Course’ prescribed by a Doctor,then they are elligible to be chased by the DWP.

If any of our club are ordered to lose weight through exercise by their GP,Neurotic or any other concerned party,then I reckon there is plenty of ‘room’ for second opinions,etc,blah blah.Actually if they can get me walking again,I’ll willingly go to the gym.THEY are only talking about it,and as we know “Talk is cheap”.To administer such a scheme would cost more than they’d save.

They should put steel shutters around Gregs+Sayers rather than my morale,and Exchequeur boosting cigarettes.If the 10 million smokers all gave up buying them,petrol would be up by ~30p a litre the day after

Wb

how many other schemes have they talked about in the past like no bedroom tax, not changing the dla to pip, they were put into force

If the smokers stopped that would hit the taxman hard! well must admit to get me back to work cure my damn ms!! Not enough money going towards ms from this gov. Soon we will be told the nhs has to be privatised. Is their a petition for a no confidence in this gov?

Hi Vicki

It’s all getting silly and I think it will get worse, just listen to any phone in programme on benefits and it will make your blood boil. People do not understand and do not want to understand what’s going on.

The only media outlet that seems at all interested in the truth, is The Guardian newspaper.

Wendy x

victorian workhouse will be popping up n opening soo…watch this space…i hate this government

this government is realy starting to wind me up. Its not just the sick they are p#ssing off tho. Its the poor full stop. What they dont seam to relise is that they are out numbered massivly by the people. Revaloutions can and do happen and i can see this contry slipping down that rout fast. The riots last year were just a taste of whats to come i fear.

all this is designed to stop the benefits system, so far they are saying that there are more benefit cheats that are claiming than are actually true claimants, now this scheme to cut benefits to bigger ppl, sanctions to benefits if you cannot attend work groups, swapping benefits to universal credit designed to stop genuine ppl gettin benefits they need, swapping dla to pip designed to stop ppl getting that they need. all this so they can eventually tell ppl there will be no more benefit system as it doesnt work, the fact that only 0.5% of benefit claimants are on the fiddle doesnt come into the facts for them, they are trying everything they can to get more money into there pockets from ours, i wonder if theres a human rights lawyer out there who would take the government on?

I note the government are getting a good kicking!. Worth remembering that the Government has a monthly shortfall of £10bn which they have to add to the national debt. As for the US they spend 3US$ for every dollar they receive. Both of these positions are unsustainable and the cuts have to start somewhere. I have voted Labour since 1979 but what choice does the Government have?. By their own admission Labour confessed to spending all the money and that was without adding on the PFI funded deals which where still to come on stream. I would hate to have to sort out the current deficit but the welfare bill be have to be cut as there is no return of this unlike other governement spend which does or at least should give future tax returns.I don’t think any current politician has the answer but Karl Marx might be a place to start!.

I wish a good 2013 to you all.

Peter