WHAT PEOPLE ARE REALLY THINKING ABOUT MS (2)...

Hi all, hope you’re doing ok, well my thoughts on cure’s is this, I’ve only got one life, yes I’ve got MS, SPMS, but I’m not going to hang onto any thoughts of cure’s, I’m just going to continue to do the best I can, and enjoy my life the best way I can, do the things I can, and don’t dwell on what I can’t, and that way I wont be dissappointed, take care, Jean x

Hi, Julia,

I’m not sure if I understand you but I didn’t sleep well last night (my excuse) I don’t drink because I fall over but please don’t spend time (hunting) - just relax and watch tv or read a book or do what ever you like - thanks anyway.

Marcus.

Hullo, Jean - I like your message and it ‘smacks’ of common sense. It’s just the ‘constant’ barrage of ‘untruths’ and falsities that we are ‘spoon fed’ by people who claim that they know what they are doing but are unable to ‘back up’ their claims but that’s life, I suppose?

Marcus. x.

[quote=“marcus1”]

Hullo, Jean - I like your message and it ‘smacks’ of common sense. It’s just the ‘constant’ barrage of ‘untruths’ and falsities that we are ‘spoon fed’ by people who claim that they know what they are doing but are unable to ‘back up’ their claims but that’s life, I suppose?

Marcus. x.

[/quote] But I’m sure you’ve seen the " You Tube TEDxIowaCity - Dr. Terry Wahls - Minding Your Mitochondria" What more evidence do you want that someone through understanding they weren’t going to be helped by the MS medicines decided to get the root of the problem and seeing what was possible to change and improve.

The fact no one can claim to CURE MS doesn’t mean there aren’t ways in which the disabling consequences cannot be reduced and/or progression slowed. My condition “the late effects of polio” also isn’t curable, I’m not going to grow a new leg at my age however I used to need a wheelchair if I left the house and now I haven’t used a wheelchair for ages. Because I’ve no bladder function I have to self catheterise and I used to get UTI virtually all the time. But it’s quite possible to fix your immune function so you remain UTI free. I’ve not had an antibiotic for at least 2yrs now. Your doctor isn’t going to explain how you can come off most medications, I don’t think they regard prevention of conditions as part of their role.

Of course it takes time to improve your diet/lifestyle so you are able to reduce your rate of infection or change your senstitivity to pain so you experience less pain and need fewer pain medications but I assure you it is possible if you take the time to learn how this can be done and have the patience to study the research papers that are online.

You’re not going to find much in the way of proof because it isn’t in the medical journals interests to publish papers explaining how to mange with fewer pharmaceutical medications.

But that doesn’t stop you learning the basics and seeing for yourself the difference it makes.

It’s only applying common sense. If you have an inflammatory condition you need to maximise your body’s ability to fight inflammation. Now we know How vitamin D inhibits inflammation - Science Daily it’s a simple matter to get your 25(OH)D tested. Raise it to 50ng/ml 125nmol/l or above and you’re on the way. If you read my earlier post in this thread you’ll be able to work out the next moves to ensure that vitamin D can be effectively deployed.

Thank-you Ted. I’ve read your new message and feel more ‘comforted’ - I had a better sleep last night although I woke at 3.00 a.m. and ‘pissed’ myself - who cares, (my wife 'cos she washed the sheets yesterday and the day before and has to do it again!). I still haven’t found the answer of - ‘When will a cure be found?’ and ‘Where did it come from?’. I have (not at all scientific) had an idea after getting a ‘supra pubic catheter’ operation about 2 weeks ago and asking the surgeon ‘what he did?’ and thinking that the human body is wonderful and could MS be ‘self induced?’ (probably not) but in the absence of any proper explanation - I feel that I have the ‘right’ to fantasise. I am very ‘psychologically’ moved by your condition and your ‘fightback’ - you certainly make me feel like I shouldn’t be worrying (as they say life is too short!). I’d go on but my fingers are ‘feeling’ more numb than usual and please try and ignore any mistakes? (and thanks again for the long message - I know that I couldn’t do it!)

Marcus.

The 'filtered word as ‘pis*ed’

Marcus.

The word pis*ed is slang

The onomatopoetic term “pis*” was the usual word for urination prior to the 14th century. “Urinate” was at first used mostly in medical contexts. “Pis*” continues to be used, but is considered vulgar; it is also used in such colloquialisms as “to pis off" and "pis poor”. Euphemisms and expressions used between parents and children such as “wee”, “pee”, and many others, arose.

taken from http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Urine

“Wonderful? - I start off speaking about MS and end up speaking Pi*s!”

Marcus.

Hi,

I’ve only just been diagnosed with ms and at the moment am so f*******g angry about it. I know that feeling this way is not going to do any good but I can understand how Marcus feels and I really do not mean that in a patronising way.

I saw a news article the other day which showed a woman who was a serious stroke victim actually controlling a robotic arm with her thought pattern. She wanted a drink so “willed” the robotic arm to get her a drink and it did!!! The surgeons had installed a computer chip into her brain so this could be acheived. Does this give any ms sufferers hope? Maybe a chip which controls the nervous system could be developed.

What do others think?

Anne-Marie

Nice name, Anne-Marie. I think that I know how you feel - maybe you could get a chip which would guide you to win the lottery and then you wouldn’t feel so ‘bad’ at being diagnosed. I just felt like ‘disappearing’ when I was diagnosed and ‘persuaded’ myself that they could have made a mistake - I think that I still feel that way 13+ years later. I used to be quite fit and I practised martial arts (I was on my black tags - one off a black belt). I played rugby and jogged - I used to jog along St. Andrews beach (alone, at 5 o’clock in the morning - the only company I had would have would be sea-lions on a sunny summer’s morning). The other thing that pis*ed me off was when my memory started to go and all those ‘hours’ that I spent studying for university! I’m 56 now and house-bound - I lost my driving license although I’ve still got a Mercedes A class on motability (oh, and that reminds me that I had to enquire if I can get the same model in automatic) - thanks, that has cheered me up!

But yes, there are many, many ways to treat the situation but I just ‘shut up’ and didn’t follow any of them - hoping that one day (when I’m still alive) that there will be a cure. I’m away now - fingers are fatigued.

Marcus. x.