WHAT PEOPLE ARE REALLY THINKING ABOUT MS...

WHAT A ‘SHAME’ BUT REALLY ‘WHO GIVES A SHIT?’

I’VE HAD MS FOR OVER 13 YEARS.

Marcus.

I much prefer the things they say. “it’s lucky that you got it…I would never have coped as well if it had been me” Lucky lucky me! Julia x

Julia - you have the ‘intelligence’ of a WOMAN! - WELL DONE! - I’M ONLY A DISGRUNTLED ‘MAN’ WITH MS! UNFORTUNATELY I CAN’T CHANGE MY SEX (BUT MAYBE THAT’S A BENEFIT BECAUSE ‘WOMEN’ SEEM TO BE MORE PRONE TO MS?) - BUT WHERE DOES IT COME FROM? AND MORE IMPORTANTLY WHEN WILL IT GO??

TOLD YOU I DIDN’T SLEEP WELL - BY MID-DAY I’LL HAVE GONE BACK TO SAYING NOTHING AND ACCEPTING (IN SILENCE) THAT I HAVE MS?

HAVE A NICE DAY!

(oh! and did I tell you? - I have MS)

Marcus.

oh Marcus, I don’t know what to say, and sometimes I read you’re post’s and I could hit you over the head with a pan, if I could lift it, just take care, ((((((HUGS)))))), Jean

Hullo, Jean,

We’re in the same boat (but different) - you have to try and look after yourself, no matter how kind ‘some people are’ (or I maybe wrong - who cares?) - I think that I know ‘where you are coming from?’ - but that would be different because you are female and I am male (that has been the same since I first met females - before ‘primary school!’). I’m 56 now and still don’t understand females? (maybe I don’t need to?). Please take care.

Marcus. x.

(My Surname is Stout making my initials - MS - how strange is that now that I have MS (or is it just co-incidence? - who cares!)

Morning Marcus, Still grumpy I see…here’s a smile for you to use for the day :slight_smile: Julia x

I don’t really care what other people are thinking. I try to forget I have MS and focus on things that bring my fun and happiness. My kids are brilliant for this, as well as seeing friends (nice ones who don’t give two hoots about MS) reading, watching films, making things. Also there are loads of other internet forums where you can chat and discuss things other than MS, don’t let it define you.

Completely agree! Most people who don’t have it are NOT thinking about MS, and I don’t think that’s wrong or heartless of them. We can’t all spend our lives pondering the plight of those less fortunate. Just like I’m not thinking about starving children in Africa all the time (concerned, but not obsessed), I don’t expect other people to be preoccupied with an illness they haven’t got, and probably never will.

I do think most people who haven’t encountered it first hand don’t really give it a thought. But I don’t think that’s because they’re all selfish and horrible. It’s just impossible to care about every evil that happens in the world. There are far too many of them. If you dwelt on everything horrid that happened to anyone else, you’d be too depressed to get up in the morning!

It’s nice if they show interest or concern, but I really don’t think the general population owes it to me to be “thinking about MS”. I’m sure they’ve got their own things to think about!

Tina

I do so agree Tina. I didn’t know anything about MS before I had it. And now I have it, what do I know about Muscular Dystrophy? Really hardly anything. In answer to another post recently I had to google Cerebral Palsy.

It’s unrealistic to expect Joe Public to know about every medical condition around. I know a little bit about Rheumatoid Arthritis because a good friend has it… otherwise I would know nothing.

I was asked in a survey recently what the ‘general public’ should know about MS. To be quite honest, why should they really know anything? I put that in my reply.

And lets face it, MS is so blo*dy complex (like most conditions I suppose). I understand it to degree cos have spent God only knows how many hours reading about it. Why would anyone put that amount of effort into understanding something unless they have it?

Pat x

Hi Marcus, both PatB and Anitra have given you an answer i totally agree with.

we cant expect those without MS to delve into the whys and hows of it................or any other condition they dont have.

I have always had empathy with anyone suffering horrid deseases.

As i`ve said many times, I may not have MS, but HSP…who on earth has ever even heard of it, let alone know what it is all about?

luv Polly…try to chill abit, eh?

Thanks Pat and Tina, ‘amylou’ & Julia. I’ve lost my ‘grumpy-ness today’ (I think). Its Friday and I’ve gone back to ‘plain docile?’ - Still got MS though, although when I’m sitting down at the computer - it’s not upper-most in my mind - back to doing nothing?

Marcus.

Yes, Polly - I’ve just read your message and you are right!

Marcus. x.

I intend to ‘chill’ a bit. What are you doing for the ‘Bank Holiday?’

Marcus.

It’s not a bank holiday is it? Haven’t a clue what day it is half the time, sooner I get back to work the better! Julia x

Hi folks

For me I HAVE to think that there is hope! This disease is so hellish there must be HOPE, take careM

Sorry, the Bank Holiday is where my wife works - Edinburgh. Sorry Julia, although I’ve been to University, I didn’t have a clue myself! (I’ve got MS, ye know) - poor excuse!

Marcus.

Lol. Marcus you will almost have me feeling sorry for you… Coincidently I have ms too but think I have always been a bit daft, and just getting worse with age! Can’t cope with all these different holidays, am an English girl originally and much easier there. Julia x

Well, I never talk about it, people at work don’t know about it, so they probably aren’t thinking anything. Everybody has some physical weakness. Some people I work with have back aches and don’t talk about it; some have personal issues, and don’t talk about it. Some are neurotic, and don’t discuss it, so why should I?

Thanks, Julia & ‘josefkoz1702’ - I agree with what you both say. Yes, MS is a personal issue and it should be up to the ‘individual’ whether or not to ‘disclose’ it. My cousin is involved with law and although not needed, it is more comfortable to know where you stand with MS i.e. to know what your rights are. Have a nice day.

Marcus.