what a bugger

It is rare that I post anything here because like a lot of people I prefer to carry on and just put MS out of my mind but today, BAM, here it is again and while not being very bad just rocks your world a little and in my case makes it embarrassing at work.

Today is Avonex day and things started badly when my injection thing (can’t remember the right word, another thing to deal with) didn’t work. It was jammed and so I had to fish another out of the fridge. Dropped car off at a garage and drove to work in a complimentary car which at it turned out was totally empty. Put fuel in and then finally got to work only to find that my legs had decided that today they will decided which way they will go and when and IF they will hold me up. With concentration I can walk ok but as soon as I relax and don’t think about it they buggger off or fold under me. SO folding stick comes out which leads to remarks at work such as, oh that’s odd you didn’t have a stock last week, or back on the stick are you tired or something?

Today is not a good day and I just needed to moan, sorry.

All the best

Jason

PS. I know I am very lucky and it could be a lot worse and I know that there are many people who have MS that are far more affected than me but sometimes it’s hard to keep the smile on the face.

Hi Jason, don’t say sorry, you moan away, we all need to do this at times, and I always think it’s best to do that rather than letting it all build up, sorry that things are great, you take good care, Jean

Jason there is only one (very unfortunate) person on the planet at any moment who does not have people worse off than he is. So please don’t apologise for being fed up.

I think that if you let MS piss you off only occasionally, it sounds as though you are managing things pretty well!

I hope that tomorrow is a better day.

Alison

x

Thanks for coming back to me, it’s just a bad day but it is nice to get feedback as it means I’m not alone. However, to add to my discomfort a senior manager has just taken my stick off me to walk up and down his office because he said that it ‘completed his look’ Now this might be a joke but you know i wanted to ask him how he would feel if he HAD to use the stick and would he think it funny if he felt like he was losing control of his body and mind. I DIDN’T FIND IT FUNNY AT ALL!!!

Thanks for coming back to me, it’s just a bad day but it is nice to get feedback as it means I’m not alone. However, to add to my discomfort a senior manager has just taken my stick off me to walk up and down his office because he said that it ‘completed his look’ Now this might be a joke but you know i wanted to ask him how he would feel if he HAD to use the stick and would he think it funny if he felt like he was losing control of his body and mind. I DIDN’T FIND IT FUNNY AT ALL!!!

Your senior boss isn’t called ‘D Brent’, by any chance, is he?

A

x

Different name but same person if you get my meaning!!

It’s something that wouldn’t normally bother me but you when you are feeling down it just gets on top of you before you realise.

Hi Jason,

I think that you are 100% entitled to have a moan. It is especially bad when you have to share your space with dweebs such as your senior manager.

Best Wishes,

Moira

Your manager sounds abit of a plonker!!! Chin up and lets hope tomorrow is a better day for you-I’m sure it will be

All the best

Cathy

Chears all

Thanks for the help and kind words.

Why are people in the workplace such pricks sometimes!

If we knew the answer to that we could make millions out of curing people of their mindless actions.

If we knew the answer to that we could make millions out of curing people of their mindless actions.

Just a little update.

So I’ve made it to wednesday and feeling brighter. Still on the stick but balance is much better, guess it was just ‘a funny little turn’ Oddest question this week after the ‘it completes my look gaff’ was “I know you are holding that stick but do you need it?” I couldnt help myself and just said " no I just like holding it it makes me look cool… what do you bloody think" she was not amused but it was such a stupid question.

Sorry you’ve had such a bad day Jason, that filtered word is one I use a lot!

Take care

Wendyxx

I take it your workplace know that you have MS! If not TELL THEM.

I remember someone in the office, who had apparently tried to speak to me - suddenly saying “What’s the matter with you - are you deaf?” I realised she was speaking to me and calmly said “Yes in my left ear, if you want to speak to me I suggest you try my right side, or attract my attention!”. The look on her face showed how embarrased she was, but she always made sure that I could see she was talking to me after that.

When you are feeling a bit better, I suggest you ask for an interview with the manager and just point out how hurtfull her words and actions were and that there are laws to stop people with disabilities being picked on.

Hoping you are feeling better now - we all know what it feels like to have a bad day. Luv Ann

Make that stick a fashion statement. I have loads of them and people feel obliged to comment on how mad and bizarre they are and that gives me the opportunity to tell them how they keep me smiling not crying!!! And how damned lucky they are but if they ever find themselves in need of one they should remember me and how to make the best of the worst. Sandypops

It is well known at my work what is wrong with me, but didn’t stop my manager making a stupid comment about “adding more water to it” when he saw me stumble. He is also well aware that I am the widow of an alcoholic - he was at my husband’s funeral. I just stopped and gave him a LOOK and asked him if he realised who he’d said that to - he was a bit taken aback at my reaction because normally I am very laid back and just let these things wash over me, but to say that he touched a nerve is putting it very mildly! I had to explain to him that making jokes about people being drunk, especially when the person in question is me, is just not acceptable. Honestly, some people are sooooo bloody dim sometimes!

He has not made that mistake twice though

Hope your idiot manager bloke realises what an insensitive tw@t he’s been.

Luisa x

Definitely - I am using two sticks just now (you think it’s awkward with one?!?) and they are both sporting battery powered fairy lights, sometimes I change to artificial flowers - depends on my mood and outfit of course, can’t be unco-ordinated, oh the shame!!

I’m waiting for my first wheelchair to be delivered and I have lights and stuff waiting for it. I worked out a while ago that this is a control thing - I hate having to use the sticks, but if I decorate them, I’m in charge. I always said that if I ever needed a wheelchair, you would definitely know which one was mine (apart from the fact that it’ll be me sitting in it of course)

Luisa x

Oh I know that feeling! And I’m kinda OK and dealing with my MS OK, most of the time, and then something will trip me up (figuratively and sometimes literally) and I feel all vunerable and less able to cope and anxious, which makes me worse. It helps to know others have the same feelings and difficulties and it helps if I remind myself that I’ve been here before and got through it.

Best wishes J.