WARNING!!! Possible scam

Good morning folks, I believe that this morning I was the victim or nearly of a scam/ fraud. I have put a post on new diagnosis board, I am to much of a techno phobe to work out how I can get it on here with out having to re write the whole lot, but please go and read it, it may just save you being the victim of frauds too. Best wishes Ppx

Hi Polly

Yes ita a well known scam and so for everyone wondering which one it is…its the indian call centre pretending there from Windows and trying to gain access to your computer…

My solution…let them talk for 10 minutes then when they think they have got you hooked tell them you have a Apple Mac computer and so don’t have Windows installed !!

John

[quote=“johnbestmate”]

Hi Polly

Yes ita a well known scam and so for everyone wondering which one it is…its the indian call centre pretending there from Windows and trying to gain access to your computer…

My solution…let them talk for 10 minutes then when they think they have got you hooked tell them you have a Apple Mac computer and so don’t have Windows installed !!

John

[/quote] Thanks John, I was doubting myself a bit for a while, but looking at some of the replys and feedback it was defiantly a attempt of fraud. I wish I had a whistle handy, I could have given her a ear ache! Ppx

any calls like this i let them waffle on for a bit, then i say ‘thats strange i havnt even got a computer! you need to upgrade your data base’. they soon hang up.

x

Hi Polly,

To repost, I would copy and paste your original - highlight the text you want to use, press control and c to copy, start your new post, press control and v to paste. to cut text, it’s control and x - hope this helps.

Luisa x

[quote=“zelda”]

any calls like this i let them waffle on for a bit, then i say ‘thats strange i havnt even got a computer! you need to upgrade your data base’. they soon hang up.

x

[/quote] Thank you Zelda, I wish I had thought of a wise comment like that I was taken off guard a bit. I just told her I Could not verify who she was and didn’t trust her. Next time I will say something along those lines but wait a bit until they have a large phone bill. Ppx

[quote=“lals02”]

Hi Polly,

To repost, I would copy and paste your original - highlight the text you want to use, press control and c to copy, start your new post, press control and v to paste. to cut text, it’s control and x - hope this helps.

Luisa x

[/quote] Thanks Luisa, I will try that next time. Im not to good with computers or technology, my 11 yo daughter just rolls hers eyes at me and says “mothers and technology, useless” I have to agree in my case. Ppx