Vulnerable, in ref to Coronavirus

I am not sure if I can carry on looking after my grandchildren? If they are well I am not on dmds I am well. My husband has CKD but on BP meds and is well. What are your thoughts?

I think it is wrong to say this is not an immuno suppressed disease. Of course it is? That is why we have it! I have always been told that. Of course they do not know exactly what causes it. But vulnerable we are.

as log as that`s all we spread!

Boudsx

Bouds…

Hey Carole and all

Went to work today - manager off - self isolating!

i did my paperwork and admin in the office. Then went to the hospital wards and I was so scared. This is unusual for me so I went back to the office.

At 4pm when just going home I emailed the head of HR with my concerns and whether they had a policy.

But now I think that I am developing a sore throat - yikes - is that a symptom? Will dig my thermometer out to test my temperature as definately know that is a symptom

Keep safe everyone and will update tomorrow re HR response.

Min xx

1 Like

We seem to be on the list but I want to know how long we should isolate as a working, albeit part time, SPMS sufferer.

Useful weblink : https://www.gov.uk/government/publications/covid-19-guidance-on-social-distancing-and-for-vulnerable-people/guidance-on-social-distancing-for-everyone-in-the-uk-and-protecting-older-people-and-vulnerable-adults

Thank you Min,

Our receptionist who is 73 was sent home today and told to be off for 12 weeks, I left a message with occupational health but so far no one has come back to me. Will be interested to hear what your head of HR says. Hope you feel better lovely, I don’t think a sore throat is a symptom but high temp is. Take care xx

Thanks everyone.

Mins update is head or HR emailed me to say they are busy working out risk assessments for management and staff.

My manger has advised me to work from home in a social distancing capacity. I will attend training to get my lap top synced to be able to use from home accessing some but not all the work I need. I will be phoning patients instead of seeing them in clinic. Everything locked away for confidentiality

So for me this is a good outcome to keep away from people who may be carriers/spreaders. But I might go stir crazy.

Thanks for reading and keep safe everyone

Min xx

Thanks everyone. My throat much better this morning and no temp.

Mins update is head or HR emailed me to say they are busy working out risk assessments for management and staff.

My manger has advised me to work from home in a social distancing capacity. I will attend training to get my lap top synced to be able to use from home accessing some but not all the work I need. I will be phoning patients instead of seeing them in clinic. Everything locked away for confidentiality

So for me this is a good outcome to keep away from people who may be carriers/spreaders. But I might go stir crazy.

Thanks for reading and keep safe everyone

Min xx