Ursolic Acid

I have been taking Ursolic Acid for 8 weeks following press reports and have noticed a slight improvement in my mobility. Climbing stairs and dressing are easier. I have had primary progressive MS for at least 12 years and whilst there has been little or no change in my neurolgical condition my mobility has declined rapidly in recent years . Has anyone else tried Ursolic Acid

Thank you Patricia for such an optimistic and helpful post! I had read about ursolic acid (somewhere?) :frowning: and I have been trying to at the very least make sure that I have an apple a day. With your encouragement I am determined to look into this further with regard to supplements. I was dx 30 years ago and have managed to avoid medication so far and I would like it to stay that way. :wink:

Would you mind me asking about the supplements that you take? I would be interested in the amounts mostly.

Many thanks again. Elaine

Elaine

Thanks for your reply. Like you I take no medications. The article about ursolic acid was in the Daily Mail and was posted on the MS Trust website. I spoke to my son who is a pharmacist and he thought that the supplement could do no harm. I take 6 tablets a day. 1 capsule contains 125 mg Ursolic acid. It is not life changing but it seems to help a bit.

regards

David - Patricia - is my wifes name she spotteed the article

1 Like

Hi David, Sorry for the late reply - I blame the heat! Thanks for the ‘heads up’ re amounts that you take, that’s quite a lot isn’t it? I currently grumble about the supplements that I already take, and that’s only 6 in total. I’m definitely up for trying this though. I’m still looking into finding suitable supplements, and meanwhile upping my apple intake :wink: I believe Holy Basil also contains similar content of ursolic acid too, so I’m going to have to knuckle down and find the best supplement for me. Every day’s a school day! :slight_smile:

Many thanks again. Elaine

1 Like

Elaine

Thanks for your comments. If you take ursolic acid I will be interested in whether you think it helps or not.

Currently my early morning movements are improved but it then becomes so hot that I cannot determine whether it has a benefit for the rest of the day. I’m looking forward to more normal weather so that I can find out what is going on. I’ll keep you posted.

regards

David

1 Like

Hi Patricia/David

Thanks for this post…I’d never heard of it, so really appreciate the info. Well, having read up, it sounds pretty positive. So today I am starting on 500 mg and an apple a day. Happy to report back in time… Got to keep trying these things hey Elaine…got nothing to lose…and if there is any chance it may help …say no more …

Thanks again…Higgs

1 Like

HIya Higgs, great to ‘see’ you again :slight_smile: Only going ‘slightly’ off topic, but I’m now considering eating apples only on my next fast :wink: (see Fasting Mimicking Diet, David ) in my mind? it might even concentrate the beneficial effect of the Ursolic acid thereby combining the best of 2 natural therapies! Result!

Elaine

1 Like

Hi Elaine…great idea! and with that in mind I just checked out almonds and they have some ursolic acid too … which are my fasting fav … Might attempt a herby tea with honey too though I will struggle to dupe myself it’s Twinings!

1 Like

thank you for your posting. very interesting. i would be most grateful to know where you are getting the supplement, so I can try them.

Many thanks for your help. Kind regards. Catherine1712

1 Like

I buy a product y made by Haya Labs through Amazon

regards

David

1 Like

How very interesting, thanks for all the info. looking into the subject. Positive and harmless my kind of additive/supplement.

M xx

Hi… Just wondering how everyone is getting on with the ursolic acid? X

Hi everyone, Any updates on the Ursolic? X

Hi Cazzy

I’m only a month in …I need to take another month for a better idea, taking into consideration how the heat of summer weakens my movement…though I remain hopeful.

I will post again…David may be better placed as he is that bit further along taking it.

Higgs

Hi Cazzy

As promised, an update. I still take it, no miracle but it could be providing a little more strength…perhaps, maybe. I guess with over 10 years of muscle atrophy, at least, it would be a miracle to reverse it in a few months. Wonder what the others are finding or yourself if you took the plunge so to speak?

I thought I had lost the plot (nothing new) couldn’t understand why everyone was talking about the heat!! Check the date of the post M

Keep well, safe and warm. Mx