Upright/ Vertical MRI

Hi folks. I went to my podiatrist today (infected toe). Told him about my issues (maybe MS / radiation myelopathy) and this got him started. He produced documents etc about I need an upright MRI etc and he sent me a link. Another interesting read I thought!

The site wont let me put the link in!! May google “Fonar MRI MS” or “Fonar Upright MRI MS” and you might get it

Moyna x

Just copied in the first paragraph

Major Diagnostic Breakthrough in Multiple Sclerosis
Achieved With Advanced UPRIGHT® MRI

MELVILLE, NEW YORK, October 5, 2011 - In a newly published paper, medical researchers at FONAR Corporation (NASDAQ-FONR) report a diagnostic breakthrough in multiple sclerosis (MS), based on observations made possible by the company’s unique FONAR UPRIGHT® Multi-Position™ MRI. The findings reveal that the cause of multiple sclerosis may be biomechanical and related to earlier trauma to the neck, which can result in obstruction of the flow of cerebrospinal fluid (CSF), which is produced and stored in the central anatomic structures of the brain known as the ventricles. Since the ventricles produce a large volume of CSF each day (500 cc), the obstruction can result in a build up of pressure within the ventricles, resulting in leakage of the CSF into the surrounding brain tissue. This leakage could be responsible for generating the brain lesions of multiple sclerosis.

Moyna x

hi moyna

thats a good step in the right direction.

thanks for sharing

carole x