Update - Officially part of the gand

Hi guys,

Well back from appointment a few hours ago and its official! I am the newest member of the gang - Hi

Diagnosed with RRMS - Stopping taking Gabapentin (Not working) and now have to decide what Disease modifying drug to take!!! Once started on that we will look at dealing with the symptoms!

Waiting to hear from MS nurse to discuss options… The next big decision :slight_smile:

Can’t say i’m surprised and possibly quite releived… Funny though he kept talking about Brain damage and

not wanting to get any further Brain damage and i’m sitting there going stop talikng about brain damage Ha Ha

The real issue for me is that he said that the symptoms (Sore feet, dizzy, tired, stiff etc) I am experiencing will probably never go away, This is me!!!

I’ll show him

Anyway thanks for your support. I’m now just waiting for the big slap on the face by reality. Anyway going out for dinner

with my wife tonight (Can’t afford it but who cares). Sister in-law is watching the girls so 1 more glass of wine… I know - Total rebel! On a school night as well!

Take care all.

G

!!! Just a few more exclamation marks to add to all the rest :slight_smile:

Congratulations and commiserations

For DMDs info, have a look at the msdecisions website - it’s a great starting point.

But for now… enjoy your evening!

Karen x

Hi Karen,

Really useful site. Thanks for the information. Looks like capoxanone for me. Don’t like the thought of injecting everyday which is a bit of a cop out as my wife is type 1 diabetic and injects 4 times a day.

Anyway. Thanks again

G :slight_smile:

Ditto all of the above…Ive just done the deciding bit and opted for copaxone aswell in my head,but 4 weeks on still havent heard from ms nurse let alone discussed which to have.

Did the neuro give you any idea how long you have to wait before you start on them?

Take care.

Pip

Hi Pip,

He just said the nursewould be in touch but to get started as soon as possible.

I’ll give it a couple of weeks to hear, as i’m coming off current medication, and then give her a call i think.

Fingers crossed I hear before then.

Hope you hear soon.

Take care.

Hi Pip,

He just said the nursewould be in touch but to get started as soon as possible.

I’ll give it a couple of weeks to hear, as i’m coming off current medication, and then give her a call i think.

Fingers crossed I hear before then.

Hope you hear soon.

Take care.

Don’t worry about the Copaxone injections - it’s a doddle! I always injected in the mornings, as part of my getting up routine. It took a couple of weeks, but soon became just like brushing my teeth!

It can take a while to get the approval for DMDs from the PCT - it’s often the hold up in getting them. However, MS nurses are very busy and they are also human… Why not give them a ring and ask for an update?

Karen x

Thanks Karen but what’s the PCT?

Thanks

Just got it Primary care Trust… Not sure how that works in Scotland. The Neuro has said lets do it so am I nieve in thinking that’s what’s going to happen Ha

Take care.

Neuros seem to think that everything happens as soon as they give the go ahead. “A couple of weeks,” mine told me. Er, no! It takes at least 4 weeks to get the funding approved normally, never mind the other paperwork. I guess it’s probably the same in Scotland.

Hopefully not too much longer for you!

Kx

One good thing about Copaxone is that if it does stop working or you start to develop side effects (talking years, not months, or so I am told), you can change to any of the Interferon drugs.
If you start on an Interferon, then the only change you can make is to Copaxone.

This does not takeinto account any of the oral drugs which may, or may not, be available.

That was one reason I opted for Copaxone. The other was, like Karen said, with a daily injection you can build it into your daily routine.

Geoff

Thanks guys,

Starting to think I have made the right decision. Only time will tell but fingers crossed. Just kind of eagre to get started now :slight_smile:

Rake care

G