unsure

I have the doctor tomorrow to talk about a condition I may or may not have, yet do not know a lot about. I have spina bifida occulta, and assumed that since my operation on my spinal cord last year, that the complete numbness, yet somehow painful tingling in my feet, bladder retention problems were due to this. My bladder problem is progressing however, and I stumbled across the ms website. I had no idea about the condition, but it would seem that my sore heads and pain behind the eye have a lot to answer for. Muscle wastage in my legs gives me a cause for concern also. Although I do have predominantly flat feet. I can’t help thinking that this is not the cause. Amongst other things. I can’t help but fear this condition. Of course, it is not yet confirmed, but I am still scared to buggery. Any information and thoughts would be of great help.

Hi deekage!

I know a little about Spina Bifida, but as this forum focuses on Multiple Sclerosis only, it doesn’t surprise me that your post has remained unanswered. There is an excellent website run by the Shine Charity for Spina Bifida and Spina Bifida Occulta and I think you will find all your answers there.

I hope I haven’t missed anything; maybe you wanted the Multiple Sclerosis forum

Here it is http://www.shinecharity.org.uk/spinabifida/information-publications/spina-bifida-occulta. I can’t hyperlink the address, so just copy onto your browser.

Good luck and best wishes

Tracyann xx

you will need to see a neurologist.

ask your gp to refer you.

it’s such a minefield when you already have spina bifida occulta but neuros are supposed to diagnose neurological problems.

anonymous on post #3 has both so it can happen.

anyway wish you well

carole x