Turned down completely for PIP

Hi,these might be useful?

www.gov.uk/government/publications/personal-independence-payment-assessment-guide-for-assessment-providers/pip-assessment-guide-part-2-the-assessment-criteria

www.citizensadvice.org.uk/Global/Copy%20of%20UPDATED%20-%20PIP%20descriptors.pdf

www.citizensadvice.org.uk/Global/Copy%20of%20UPDATED%20-%20PIP%20descriptors.pdf.

I am dashing off to work so that’s the ones i found quickly,but theres more out there. Hopefully you have the HCP report along with your decision letter(if not request it) and a copy of your original question form.Look at the descriptor points,your answers,the comments of hcp etc on each and work through methodically challenging each one you disagree with paying particular attention to the guidelines of Safely,reliably,repeatedly,timely fashion(i think in those links i sent there should be explanations of those).Also consider the cumalative effects so whilst you may manage one task would you be so fatigued you can’t do anything else?

You will probably find yourself repeating yourself over and over with each question.

Ollie

Once again guys - thanks so much - really appreciate all the advice

Hello, I don’t post on here very often but I do read the threads and am horrified by some of the things I read and particularly about PIP.

If your benefits are being terminated then what are you going to live on? How can you survive?

i just don’t get this government I really don’t.

i hope you can successfully sort this out.

Thanks Florence…governments tend to punish the most in need and reward the well off…power to the people

Got a letter from HMRC today…now that I’ve lost my DLA I need to prove I have a disability for my disabled tax allowance…just when you thought it couldn’t get any worse…guess it strengthens my resolve…

I’m still waiting on my PIP report…I have rang 3 times about it and they tell me it was posted 2nd class a week ago…I nearly think they’ve lost it…

Got my PIP sorted - enhanced rate for mobility and lower rate for daily care - so thank you to the MS community on here for all their good advice and support - the reconsideration worked in my favour - good news story for 2019

3 Likes

that’s excellent news, what a great way to start the new year.

1 Like

Really pleased to hear of another victory in the PIP arena. I think the system has some major flaws, and every bit of positive news is encouraging to us all.

Lets hope many other rightful claimants win their PIP battle.

1 Like

Brilliant news. The more the merrier.

Sue

1 Like

So pleased to hear this good news.

From zero to enhanced rate for mobility tells you how dangerous and deeply flawed the PIP assessment is.

7% of folk with MS die due to a fall - so why make it so hard to get extra support with mobility?

Another victory.

1 Like

Hello Redman,

So pleased for you that you got your PIP benefits improved. I know how stressful the entire process is, I went through from DLA to PIP this summer. I agree with all the comments made by people today

1 Like

I’m so sorry to hear that Redman, The Bast***s took 66% off of my money too! So much for help the disabled and my MS is getting worse right now and I’m moving to a higher level of DMT. All I can do is say “Appeal, Appeal, Appeal” and try do it through a help organisation in your home area there should be someone there to help you through it. That’s what I’m in the middle of right now and its a different person that evaluates you this time. I feel like a bloody Suffragette right now they have taken what is ours. Hope it works out for both you and me. Take care my friend. David

1 Like

I’m so sorry to hear that Redman, The Bast***s took 66% off of my money too! So much for help the disabled and my MS is getting worse right now and I’m moving to a higher level of DMT. All I can do is say “Appeal, Appeal, Appeal” and try do it through a help organisation in your home area there should be someone there to help you through it. That’s what I’m in the middle of right now and its a different person that evaluates you this time. I feel like a bloody Suffragette right now they have taken what is ours. Hope it works out for both you and me. Take care my friend. David

Thanks guys

I have been advised to look into a motability car as it has great benefits with insurance- servicing etc - some of you guys probably are better versed in this than me, but will look into it.

Motability is brilliant. You give up your PIP for high rate Mobility and in return you get a car, all servicing, insurance, tyres etc are taken care of. All you pay for in upkeep terms is the petrol. You keep it for 3 years, then get a new one. There is often an upfront payment for a better car than a basic model, but that ranges from a few hundred pounds to a few thousand. A WAV tend to cost more in upfront payments and you keep it for 5 years instead of 3. Basic adaptations are included if you need them, fancier versions can cost extra. So for eg, I am limited to driving with hand controls and a steering ball. The basic version is free if fitted at the time the car is ordered, but there are more expensive variants of hand controls available which I’d have to pay for.

I think the scheme is excellent. My husband is constantly looking at what we’ll get next. He’s rather taken by a Hyundai hybrid which is free, ecologically sound and looks pretty good (although I keep trying to ban him from talking about it as it’s not due till the end of the year!).

Sue

Mercedes-Benz B-class, has large wide opening doors, easier to get into and out of, and plenty of room for a wheelchair or folding scooter in the boot.

1 Like

Well done Redman,

Glad all the hassle was worth it.

I applied for PIP for the first time early 2017. Keep detailed records of anything to do with my MS and read all the excellent advice on this form.

Was awarded standard living and enhanced mobility - totally shocked.

Went to the Mobility car show in Manchester like a child in a sweet shop.

Ended up with a Ford focus estate with hoist for my little scooter. It gives me so much independence.

If this is the first time with enhanced go on Citizen’s advice , you get free road tax and other benefits, rail card, free companions at cinemas, theatres etc.

To look at mobility cars, scooters go on https://www.motability.co.uk/

Keep smiling,

Jen x

1 Like

Woohooo Redman !! Well done you

1 Like