Thank you to my local council

hi all

Had a phone call from my Occupational Therapist at my local council.

Approval has been granted to buy a Litup Raiser [link removed}

to get me up when I fall. This is great news as it happens a lot.

Paul

3 Likes

How long did the whole process take ? That is from making the first enquiry to the phone call from your OT.

Just curious as I`m going through the process for a stairlift.

Image result for stairlift gif

3 Likes

Sorry, It is a liftup raiser. Sorry mods for posting link. Sorry, Scudgef, 3 weeks so far. Paul

My rise and recline chair, via our local Adult Social Care Team, took 7 months. It came yesterday. The OT said there were too few OTs to do the assessments, I guess they must be all working for ATOS, and earning twice as much ! https://configura.uk.com/en/product/85 As I pay ÂŁ3,000+ council tax per year, I feel I paid for it myself. Should I thank anyone?? Fay

I got the same chair from my OT about a year ago. However it only took about 6 weeks! I wonder why it takes completely different time scales in different parts of the country! It seems so unfair.

I love my chair, I hope you do as well Fay!

Sarah

1 Like

Scudger I just got a stairlift 2 weeks from gp contacting ot to visit from ot week later ot comes with stairlift company’s to

Survey stair few days later prices are in one week later ot visits decision made stairlift ordered 6 weeks later

Stairlift fitted it took 2 hours to fit stairlift I have had it for 2 weeks come Monday it took about 10 weeks in total , I don’t use it all the time but it makes a huge differance to me.george

[quote=“hillybilly”]

Scudger I just got a stairlift 2 weeks from gp contacting ot to visit from ot week later ot comes with stairlift company’s to

Survey stair few days later prices are in one week later ot visits decision made stairlift ordered 6 weeks later

Stairlift fitted it took 2 hours to fit stairlift I have had it for 2 weeks come Monday it took about 10 weeks in total , I don’t use it all the time but it makes a huge differance to me.george

[/quote] Thanks for that.

Hi has anyone used a saddle stool or managed to get their council to provide one? I am due to have surgery on my foot at the end of the month and will not be able to take weight on that foot for a while. As I do not have a husband who can cook I wondered if I would be able to scoot around the kitchen on the stool. A sales rep is willing to come home but I do not want to spend a lot of money incase it does not do the job needed. Would love to hear from anyone who has tried one of these stools.

Hi Sarah,

I’ve had a full day in the chair - the seat is fine - but the standard back and neck cushions are causing me pain. I have put my own bed pillows and memory foam head-neck pillow there for now. I’m going to ask the OT for an upgrade on the cushions - not sure if I will get them or when they might arrive.

Did you have this problem with the standard back cushions?

https://configura.uk.com/files_mce/pdfrisereclinedownloads/configura_rise_and_recline_assessment_form.pdf

I suppose I could order them myself. I don’t mind doing that.

My neck and spine is very tender at the moment.

I’ll call the company on Monday.

Fay

I’ve got the standard cushions. I remember when I first got it, it felt as if my head was being pushed forward. I asked the OT about taking some of the stuffing out and she said to wait a bit as it takes a while to work in. She was right, I hadn’t thought about it until I read your post. So, maybe try it for a week or so before asking?? Although if you’re in a lot of pain it’s maybe not the answer!

Sarah

1 Like