Thank you for being out there

Hi,

I just wanted to say thanks for being out there to listen and understand. I’ve had ms for 17 years and for most of them I’ve been in denial! Last year was horrible, I went through having a SPC fitted and didn’t think to seek support from here. It was a dark time and whilst my waterworks are on an even keel everything else feels a bit too unpredictable at the moment. I hate the way ms comes along when you least expect it and bites you!

I was heavily ‘encouraged’ to join the ms society by wheelchair services. I’m in the process of upgrading my manual chair to power and this is bringing lots of ‘stuff’ up to deal with and I don’t like it one little bit. I’m so glad I did, what a great bunch of people you are

So, thanks everyone for being out there. x

What a lovely post Phoenixcrystals! You’ve made my day.

Good luck with the new power chair! Remember, wheelchairs and mob scooters are there to give us our independence and freedom!

Pat x

That is a nice thing to say Pheonixcrystals.

It’s nice that we can all help eachother on here when we need to offload and talk with people who understand. I get lots of support from my friends on here and know that I can rely on them for help whenever I need it.

Take care of yourself and happy power wheeling!!

Shazzie xx

Hi, good to know we can all help each other here.

I`ve been a member for about 3/4 years and feel this is my cyber family…but i have actually met some of you in person, so I know we are not just robots!

I`m hoping to have an SPC too and look forward to relief (no pun intended) from daily waterworks woes!

I am also a leccy wheelie fulltimer, so know the benefits that brings.

Good to hear you are no longer in denial…I feel it is much easier to work with our problems than to continually fight them.

Keep chatting, yeh?

luv Pollx

That’s what’s so great about everyone on here.

I didn’t really want a stick even though, deep down, I knew it made sense. The good folks on here made me see the benefits and I now love the freedom my stick gives me. She even has a name ‘Gloria’ (as in Gaynor ‘I will survive’) and she is a pretty, red, floral stick. It was a huge mental hurdle for me as I don’t think of myself as disabled and I didn’t want to look it and I certainly didn’t want sympathy!

I’m so glad you found the support you needed and that you are coping better now.

Regards,

Tracey xx

Hi Tracey, I love the name Gloria for your stick.

I name all my bits of kit…

my wheelie is Boudica`s chariot

my turner is Tina (Turmer)

my kerb climber (not crawler!) is Kathy Kerby

my jitters are Elvis

my soon hope to be spc will be Superwoman

when my carers take me out, we say we are going for a Miranda round the shops!

Got to find laffs wherever we can, yeh?

luv Pollx

Hi, Like all of the posts it is good to talk and know that there are lots of folk who understand. I had a SPC fitted on Thursday so that’s new to me. I hope after I get over the op It will be good for me after suffering waterwork probs for years! I’ve had lots of support on here, as Pat says just think of your wheelchair as giving you independence. Poll (Boudica) loves hers. I use a scooter in the house and manage ok with that. Enjoy your Sunday. Linda x

Hi,

My chariot is Tenzing ( my sherpa), My stick when I had one was Jake ( the extra leg)!

Linda, I hope you get on ok with your new SPC, it amazed me how quickly i ‘normalised’ a tube coming out of my lower tummy.

Sara x

Hi,

My chariot is Tenzing ( my sherpa), My stick when I had one was Jake ( the extra leg)!

Linda, I hope you get on ok with your new SPC, it amazed me how quickly i ‘normalised’ a tube coming out of my lower tummy.

Sara x

Thanks Sara, I am finding the tube coming out of my tummy quite difficult to come to terms with but I guess it’s early days. Linda x