Telephone calls

Don’t worry about me Robert, I’m a pretty savvy woman but thank you for the info :slight_smile: X

No probs, I know you are by the way you handled yourself during the call. The info was for anyone else who gets the this call and knows who or what it’s about.

I’m sure there will be other people who will find the info helpful Robert. You do wonder about people who work in these call centres, they must be a special breed

Hi Noreen,

I don’t blame the people makIng the call. They are only taking the call from a computer who is automatically dialing the numbers. They are not screening your number to see if it is tps registered before calling you.

So the answer to your question is I blame the scum at the top of the tree not the person on the phone who has a pre made script to go by.

I hope I have answered your question.

Robert.

I was called yesterday by an automated system claiming to be from Barclaycard Fraud Prevention. I do have a Barclaycard credit card so this could be genuine. However, neither the number they rang from nor the different one they asked me to call are on their website, and when I rang the Customer Services number on the back of the actual card, there was no flag on my account.

If it is genuine, Barclaycard have failed by tripping my “scam detection” sensors. I know there is a choice between convenience and security: I’ll have security thank you!