Tecfidera No More

Hi All,

I had my annual review with my consultant yesterday. After discussing how tecfidera impacted on my daily life - severe flushing everyday and violently ill when drinking any alcohol, she advised that it may be wise to switch meds. Her words were if your ms isn’t affecting you everyday, then the meds shouldn’t be either. I’ve been taking Tecfidera for a year so there was no way things were likely to improve.

I’ve been offered Plegridy and Aubagio and have to make my decision when i come back from holiday in a few weeks. She told me to do some research and to ring with any queries.

Before Tecfidera I was on Avonex for 6 years - with almost no side effects after the first couple of weeks. I did relapse when I came off it though.

I hated the injections and would never have thought I’d be entertaining the idea again, but the Plegridy is once a fortnight and sub-cutaneous rather than intramuscular. Aubagio seems to have a long list of side effects and not sure I want to be putting up with terrible side effects when, if I could just woman-up, the injection would suit better.

Does anyone have any experience with either of these meds?

Murraymint x