I take 1500mg of Gabapentin a day and I’m just about to start taking Baclofen.
I have been told that the two drugs together will increase the side affects and I may need to adjust the amount of Gabapentin I take.
Does anyone on here have experience of this please?
I’m a bit nervous to start taking the Baclofen if it’s going to knock me out.
Hi there
I’m on 1900mg and 30mg Baclofen daily.
Baclofen was transformative for me. At 30mg it doesn’t knock me out but I realise I’m different to some. I can function normally on 8 x tramadol daily but my wife goes gaga on one! The message is that we’re all a bit different but baclofen can be transformative as I ay. Try it and if to doesn’t work then come off it again. My quality of life has definitely increased.
Does the Baclofen still allow you to walk “ok”? I have spasticity in the left leg only and worried that the drug will effect the whole body and not just where I want it.
Thanks for the reply. I think I am more worried that it goes the other way and increases my disability by reducing my ability to walk due to lack of control of the muscles.
Baclofen for stiffness does have side affects but it is different for everyone. I am unable to tolerate it so I take Amitriptyline before bed instead. Also I found Gabapentin a problem but managed Pregabalin which worked well. Baclofen gave me hallucinations but it does work for lots of people. You won’t know until you try it. Good luck
Thank you.
I’ve started taking it so we’ll see how it goes.
I hope it’s worked for you. It made a massive difference to me and much improved my walking. I’m lucky in that I don’t suffer any side effects.