Sumtimes wonder why I should bother.

On a downer. I’m 32 about to buy a house, have a potential ms diagnosis hanging over me, want children & don’t want a life of illness. I look on Facebook at all my friends wonderful life’s and I feel like rubbish about my potential future of having a disabling illness. I don’t want to or mean to offend anyone, I think your all amazing strong people, but I’m scared & depressed & wondering what the point of it all is.

hiya

doubt if u have offended anyone…

the point of it all? u have a precious human life so live it!

i know f/b has many good things if used properly-i dont have it cos i believe it can cause more harm than good.

u still have hopes and dreams, u may just need to adapt them.

if u have read posts on here then u will know that a full life is possible after diagnosis.

u say possible diagnosis.maybe best to deal with facts instead of maybe’s? i know thats easier said than done but so are most things ms related. dont worry/panic. dont compare ur life to others-its not comparable on any level cos u r unique-the one and only you! enjoy-some folk woke this morning and are not here tonight…

be grateful for all that u have.

please see some of my other replies-i hope they help u understand what i am trying to say.

ellie

ps talking/writing does help-getting different viewpoints helps us come to our own decisions.

I was dx when I was 40 (20 years ago) and I remember feeling just like you do.

Let me tell you – you are not going to have a life of illness. You are going to have a wonderful life - you just have to carry a haversack with MS in it. Believe me I’m not one of those happy-clappy types who will tell you that you can beat MS with a positive attitude. But you can bow down to it with a negative one. That might sound contradictory but it has been my experience that MS has created some difficulties that I have overcome by finding practical solutions but I don’t believe in fighting it (I’m quite passive really and I don’t want to argue with anyone – even my MS)

I have done oodles of things since my dx – to be honest MS might have caused me to adapt but not abandon. If I look back over the last 20 years I’m not sure I could make a list of things that I wanted to do but couldn’t. It helps that mountain climbing and deep sea diving were never ambitions but you know what I mean

Change your attitude – you have a POTENTIALLY disabling condition. You might not be disabled, your MS may be nothing more than an inconvenience. Life holds no guarantees – you could get knocked down tomorrow so what’s the point?

Chin up

Jane

PS I’ve moved 5 times since I had MS so don’t think buying a house is pointless!

jane

bloody fantastic reply!

ellie x

I’ve had MS for 12 years, no drugs, still go to the gym, still dance, still go out with friends, still have my own place - who is to say that you won’t be like me?? And if you aren’t, like many people on here, you will adapt.

JBK x

I was diagnosed at 19 or 20 and am now nearly 30. Can’t go to the gym - but who cares, I was crap at sport anyway! :slight_smile: I still manage to work and have a house and the rest of it. If you have got MS, don’t be depressed. You’ve still got a life and need to make the most of it. Living with MS isn’t always easy and can be bloody hard work, but if it is - it is. Make the best of it I say! I try to think of what I can do and try not to dwell on what I can’t!

I was diagnosed in December 2012 and since then I’ve got married, moved house and had a baby. As my neurologist once said, you have to push on with life. Lisa x

Hi, I was Dx in 2012 with spms, apparently I have had MS for over 40 years, moved house three times and at the grand age of 67 just moved 150 miles and starting a whole new life. Have no intention of letting this disease rule my life. There’s plenty to look forward to, so chin up and think positive. Janet x