Forum

stupid foot

Well my big toe went numb a good 6weeks ago now have a little sensation back to it but like it’s coated in layers of thick sellotape. I noticed about a week ago randomly that my second toe was numb underneath and my little toe was. The sole of my heel went at sometime (that was found at neuro exam start Sept in patches but now totally) since last night I have felt tingling to that foot and like its packed in ice and now have less feeling all over my foot. Fed up of this now when will it come back to life? :frowning: Ax

There’s definitely something neurological going on. I always have this sellotape feeling on the soles of my feet…mentioned this before. Will you be letting your doc know whats happening? Noreen x

My left foot has come and gone since August, so it is not static or steadily improving. It started off with pins and needles, went to the whole foot being numb, I got it back for 2 days then slowly lost it again, and now just my toes are all weird and painful. My right foot is just numb with weird toes (a more recent thing). Are you on gabapentin? I am, to stop the nerve pain and pins and needles.

Hi I don’t know about letting doctor know I have thought about it then brushed it off thinking what can they do? I’m under a neuro and due back in 3weeks so will they just say tell him? I can walk too true its a bit slow if it’s for more than pottering and a bit of a weird walk (people ask me why are you walking like that, have you hurt yourself etc). Not on gabapentin I got put on sinemet for the crawling sensation but they did mention that could be used if sinemet not enough. Axx

This posting is made to promote the directional difference of both.

Aruba

Have you thought about getting a stick? I got one when I was really wobbly. Although this has now improved I still take my stick when I go out at the moment, firstly in case I need it but also as a warning to others that I am slower than them. It has made people much kinder. They don’t stare at me like I am drunk,they make allowances for my slowness and they don’t tut at me if they get stuck behind me. I didn’t find a stick disabling, I found it empowering… And pretty :slight_smile:

Have you thought about getting a stick? I got one when I was really wobbly. Although this has now improved I still take my stick when I go out at the moment, firstly in case I need it but also as a warning to others that I am slower than them. It has made people much kinder. They don’t stare at me like I am drunk,they make allowances for my slowness and they don’t tut at me if they get stuck behind me. I didn’t find a stick disabling, I found it empowering… And pretty :slight_smile:

Yeah I have thought about it and probably should bite the bullet but I’m being stupidly stubborn which means I do get tutted at, sniggered at etc. Ax

I use a stick now arwen for balance. Now I just look drunk in charge of a walking stick lol. I resisted the need to use one but glad I did now…it really helps. I chose the colour abstract purlple, very classy lol. Just make sure if you do get one to get measured…I went to my local disability shop. The handle should be level with your wrist when hands are are held down by your sides. PS; probably is best to just wait and let your neuro know about this latest problem with your foot. All the best. Noreen xxx

Lol drunk with a stick. It would be better somedays. I try and hide it a lot but last night I was out with friends so more walking than usual in the dark stairs etc and kept getting “what are you walking like that for it looks like some things wrong with you” with much drunken laughing. Will definitely be telling neuro re foot. Axx

Yay a post I can help on!!! my feet lack feeling and up my legs, ever sinces this started over a year ago. even now they still ingle or feel weird.

When it all first started my wife asked why I was dragging my foot like quazymodo, I didnt even know I was doing it.

Ill be 28 next week andI hve a walking stick, it is wonderful, I have some flames on mine and it really does help especialy with balance, aroun e houe I am good without it but use it to get in and out of bed from time to time.

Yes it draws more attention and people always ask, what wrong wit your foot? football injury? how I laugh, before it used to annoy me but my response has stayed the same. “fooball? I dont like sports where falling over becoms and artform, I am a rugby man however no itsnot an injury, my brain just doesnt lik my legs”.

The akward laugh/smile because they think im joking or just dont understand, you get ued to it.

Anyway back to you, I think foot tinging and lack of feeling is normall in a variety of nurological problems, doesnt mean MS can relate to anything thats going on. Te funniest part is that we uldhave anthing wron wth us and our brain takes it out on a body part i.e walking so although walkin is a problem it could be a million and one things. Goo luck an get a stick, multi purpose too, I can ope and close doors with it :slight_smile:

I like the idea of a flame stick! That sounds very cool and House like. I get attacked by doors so it would be a double whammy. Weird the way our bodies will decide to shut bits down isn’t it. At the moment if people say I’m walking odd I just dismiss it and try and make out they were confused about what they saw (not sure how that one is working). Luckily in my job I sit a lot and I don’t go far for walking at work and people all in separate rooms so not seen a lot there and the few people I see out of work either know or I meet for coffee so sitting. The hardest bit was when my daughter asked was I sick because I was usually the fastest walker out of us etc and now they keep having to wait for me. Hope you’re doing ok Tom Axx

I am doing wonderful thank you for asking,

I can see how its hard when young ones as questions because they are so innocent and dont understand. As I dont have kids, I havent had this problem but I can sympathise with being the one to play catch up.

We used to walk around the woods and relax but now that 1 hour walk takes over two becaue Ihave to stop and rest, when I get to the end their is a steep hill that my wife has to pull me up, but I laugh it off. I am passed being ashamed of what I can no longer do and greatful each day that I can still do things. My 3 stints in the stoke ward (nurological) gave me a lot to think about and I hope I am a better person for it.

You should invest in a stick, you will get asked questons but not just from friends but anyone nd everyone!!! you get used to it.

I hope they find outwhats wrong soon and if it is treatable thates even better. Good like and may peace wth you