Starting on Tecfidera

Hi, I’m new to this forum and would value your thoughts and experiences.
I was diagnosed with RRMS in 2006 and commenced in taking Amitriptyline and Gabapentin. As I was wanting to have a baby I declined any DMD’s at that time. I then had relapses over about the next 4 years. I was very lucky and had minimal ms symptoms for years but last year the relapses returned. I have been prescribed Tecfidera but despite leaving messages with the consultant who prescribed the DMD I have been unable to find out whether I stay on Gabapentin and Amitriptyline, while on Tecfidera. I can’t recall if I was told to or not at my appointment. Can I ask what other people do?

Hi,
I take tecfidera and nothing else ms-wise. I’m not sure what your other drugs are, but I would’ve thought it would be possible to call up your neuro or nurse and ask the question as it’s an important one and they should have made it clear to you exactly what meds to start and stop.
Good luck!

Sorry just seen you said you’d tried leaving messages. Maybe ask your GP if they can chase on your behalf?

Thanks. I’m thinking that I will only need to be take Tecfidera but like you suggested I’ll see if I can speak to my GP, as I’m not getting anywhere with anyone else.