some advice please peeps

Hi all. Just wanted to pick your brains! I After nearly 12 months of feeling weary, neuralgia pain, pins and needles/numbness in hands, back and sciatic pain in leg foot, numb patch on other foot, all of a sudden I have started to feel much better. Yay! . I am undiagnosed and am on a pretty high dose of gabapentin which could explain the ease in sensory problems, but its not like I woke up one day and thought, I won’t feel weary to the point of exhaustion today, or suddenly be able to find my words or remember what I needed from one side of the room to the other! Its just like I have more physical stamina from nowhere.

I feel lucky. What I wanted to know is, have any of you experienced periods like this this prior to being diagnosed?

Thankyou and hope you are all keeping well.

nipper

ps. have tried posting this a couple of times and it has not appeared, have taken out the smiley face now, someone else mentioned they had been causing probs, so sorry if i repeat myself!

Hi Nipper, great to hear you are feeling better!

It could be that whatever was causing the problems has suddenly cleared up and will give you no further problems (fingers crossed eh).

IF (and I really am only saying IF) it is MS, it is possible you have gone into remission.

Most people with MS have a type called Relapsing Remitting MS. This means that in a relapse you will have symptoms of MS, and when it then goes into remission the symptoms clear up, or at least improve a lot.

Read about RRMS here:

http://www.mssociety.org.uk/what-is-ms/types-of-ms/relapsing-remitting-rrms

Are you waiting to see a neurologist? Only a neuro will be able to tell you if you have MS… so I’m hoping you are seeing one soon.

In meantime, enjoy your new well being!!! And keep an open mind… it might have gone away for good… but only a neuro can tell you that.

(there are a few problems with the site right now which is why posts might have disappeared)

All the best,

Pat x

Thanks so much for taking the time to reply Pat. I have my 3rd neuro appt in september. Am really doing my best to take the good whilst its there and keep an open mind, but can’t deny feeling a bit sceptical. I had a similar period of feeling improvement in about february, but it only lasted a couple of weeks. Hopefully will be contacted by pain clinic around september re disc problems [on waiting list!]. I have a holiday to look forward to in the summer, after which I want to try and gradually decrease the gabapentin and see how I get on.

Hope you are having a good day yourself, thanks again nipper.