Forum

So I took your advice

Very interesting to read this thread and Oonagh’s desire to work from home.

I’m lucky enough to work from home, but the business is not doing that well at the moment so I’m looking around for work myself that will allow me to work at least part of the time from home. It’s VERY tough to find anything that isn’t some sort of con (the type where they get you to cold-call hundreds of people a day!), and it seems that those who do work from home also spend some time in the office and were already at a fairly high level of salary and seniority.

I can’t go back to my old teaching career due to the myriad MS symptoms that are just getting worse, and am really struggling to find something else I would enjoy.

1 Like

CP, I don’t know a great deal about teaching or the age groups you teach, would private lessons from home or from the child’s home be an option?

Jan x

1 Like

Hi CP,

I know exactly what you mean about the ‘cons’! It’s a nightmare. I’m looking down the data entry sort of jobs, is that the sort of thing you could do?

Alas, my days running a microbiology lab are over (still trying to get my head around that) so I’m focusing on the office skills I’ve gained over the years. I’m also thinking of going down the self employed route, that way I can pick and choose when I want to work.

I hope you do find something CP.

Oonagh

Xxx

1 Like

Hi Pam ,

Thanks so much for saying that. The plan is a work in progress at the moment but at least I’m feeling less like I’ve been thrown on the rubbish heap now

Oonagh

Xxx

1 Like

Oonagh hope all goes well. Have you considered working for yourself?

Don

Hi Don,

Yep, I’m thinking of working for myself. This weeks mission is to have a good read about being self employed and all that it entails. My brother is self employed so I’m going to speak to him about hints and tips

Thank you Don

Oonagh

Xxx

1 Like

Good luck with it to both of you. I work in a charity shop now for three hours a week and that knackers me so I know I’m on the scrap heap where work’s concerned but I’ve settled into my new life and get satisfaction from my hobbies. I detest having to claim benefits but I try to reassure myself that I’m retired by the medics, not choice. And spending so much time in a brain fogged stupor helps a bit too.

Cath xx

1 Like

Hi lovelies ,

Well, I took the plunge and called the job centre. Just waiting for another phone call with a disability employment advisor to arrange an appointment. I spoke to him this morning and he sounded human so that’s a start .

So watch this space guys and gals!

Oonagh

Xxx

1 Like

Hi Oonagh,

Good luck! Really hope it turns out as you want it too, let us all know the outcome…fingers crossed for you!

Nina x

Good luck Oonagh!

Pat xx

1 Like

Good luck from me too Oonagh.

Pam x

1 Like

Good luck Oonagh.

Jan x

1 Like

Thanks so much girls ,

I have an appointment on Tuesday with a DEA and have to apply for ESA…so looking forward to that !

Hope you’re all as well as you can be.

Have a lovely weekend and enjoy the extra hour in bed

Oonagh

Xxx

1 Like

Good Luck

Don

Good luck Oonagh and sorry, I thought I’d made a comment here before, doh!

Sonia x