Forum

Similar symptoms?

hello everybody, hope you’re all doing well today :slight_smile: I thought I’d take this opportunity (while my eyes are not to blurry), to use the computer and find out if anyone else has experienced simiar symptoms. I haven’t been formally diagnosed with MS, as still waiting for an appointment with a Neurologist. It has only been a few weeks though so I appreciate that is nothing compared to other’s frustrations. I had an MRI on 15th Aug after suffering with very uncomfortable numbness and tingling to the right side of my head and face (including lips, tongue and teeth) and my ear feeling as if stuffed with cotton wool. This is is still on going and my GP told me that the scan showed “strong possibilty of MS”. I have been prescribed Gabapentin which although hasn’t cured the symptoms has eased them. I have also experienced occasions when my face will become tight and tense which has distorted the shape of my mouth and eye, this only lasts for a few minutes but has been re-occuring. I haven’t figured out why or if there is a trigger for this. I have read alot of posts about people experiencing problems with their arms and legs but am very interested to know if anyone has similar symptoms to mine. Thank you for taking the time to read this, I am very interested to hear from others that have similar experiences. Kx

Hi Kirstie, I’m in the same boat as you :frowning: I go to the neuro on Monday. I also have quite a lot of pain in my face, eye, jaw and teeth, along with shooting pains in my head. I sympathise with you as it is very frustrating… but no way near as frustrating as waiting for a DX, unfortunately when reading through others posts you will find there are a lot of people who have been waiting for a DX for a very long time…aren’t we lucky… (NOT). Anyway, try not to let it get you down and have a great weekend… Take care sharon…

thanks for your reply Sharon x but being so new to this I am not up in all the terminology and abbreviations, Could you tell me what DX stands for please? Kx

Hi kirstie I am also suffering with numbness in the right side of my face, ear, shoulder, arm and hand. I had a MRI in June which showed signs of possible MS and have just had my Lumbar Puncture results which supported the diagnosis. I am not really sure what type i have, I am on gabapentin which doesn’t seem to work for me as everyday I suffer from neuropathic pain. I would love to speak to someone who is also having similar pains, i feel so lonely in terms of the MS and newly being diagnosed. I’m putting on a brave face but truely deep down i don’t know what to do.

Hi Rehanna Thank you for your reply, I’m sorry to hear that you are in pain. I can’t truthfully say it’s painful for me, it’s a constant uncomfortable sensation that is incredibly frustrating and although I felt the Gabapentin wasn’t working I realised it must be doing something when I ran out of pills last weekend. It does feel like a lonely time but I have only accessed this site recently and people have already been a huge comfort. Have you been back to your GP to discuss different meds for the neuropathic pain? I too feel in limbo having not been formally dignosed and know next to nothing about MS but am happy to chat. Take care Kx

Hiya. dx = diagnosis. For all of you with face pain: my MS nurse advised me that the best med for face pain is carbamazepine. The tight face thing might be better treated with baclofen - it’s a muscle relaxant? Worth asking. Karen x

Morning Everybody
rizzo27 wrote:

Hiya. dx = diagnosis. For all of you with face pain: my MS nurse advised me that the best med for face pain is carbamazepine. The tight face thing might be better treated with baclofen - it’s a muscle relaxant? Worth asking. Karen x

Hi Karen thanks for that (dx) doh! :oops: I was on Carbamazepine prior to Gabapentin so will definitely ask to try Baclofen, maybe that will work for me. My Dr will no doubt be pleased to see me (again) :lol: Best wishes to all xx