Shingles, not MS

Am I strange? I was relieved to be diagnosed with Shingles yesterday and not that my MS was off the scale did I mention PAIN? I am going back to bed with as many drugs as I can swallow Take care guysM

Oh M shingles are horrid and so painful… poor you. I got them before I was dx & just before symptoms put me out of action… and I believe I got them because I’d been pushing myself through fatigue.

I have heard that if you rub sensitive toothpaste on the area it helps… sensitive toothpaste numb the nerve ends, so it makes sense.

Stay in bed and rest, rest, rest!

Sending you a big cyber (((((((((((((((((((((HUG))))))))))))))))))) (not the MS type!).

Love Pat x

1 Like

Owwww M. I can sympathise, I had it in January. Your gp can prescribe a drug for shingles, it does work in getting rid of it faster than nature does. Just take it easy and rest.

Cath xx

2 Likes

Oh M I am sorry, shingles is a right bummer, pain killers, fluid and plenty of rest for you (hugs)))))

Pam x

2 Likes

HI,

I got shingles just after dx but mine was fortunately mild. Had them for about three weeks. Just a bit uncomfortable for me but my sister got them and they were really sore and lasted for a while.

Yep painkillers and rest.

((( hugs ))) mags xx

1 Like

Hi M,

So sorry to hear that you have shingles. REST REST REST!

Hope you will soon much better.

Nina x

3 Likes

Hi M - Soory to hear you have shingles - it does not seem fair that yet something else has been thrown at you.

I agree with others rest and painkillers and just sit it out.

Hope you get better soon

Jackie xx

3 Likes

Aww blumin awful, wish I was a fairy godmother I would magic your pain away! Sending magic pain killer dust your way. Xx and some for everyone else.

Pauline x

p.s i’m not bonkers honest.

2 Likes

Oh guys thanks for all the comfort I so need it, pain scale 5/6 driving me mad. Initially the pain was intermitent not any more it’s in my left shoulder and down to my elbow, I can’t find a position to relieve it Sorry if t sounds like a whine, I’ll try the toothpaste and take the magic dust. Taken all my ain killers I’m off back to bed,M xxxx

1 Like

Oooh M sweetie… hope there’s someone there to make you cups of tea and maybe pop out to the shops for some chocolate?

If you were in scooter riding distance I’d be there myself… but don’t think my scooter would make it that far! (Woman Stopped By Police Riding Mobility Scooter On North Bound Motorway).

Thinking of you and wishing the pain away. Did the GP give you anything? When I had them they gave me anti-virals which made it clear up quicker apparently.

Sending you lots of love and hope things improve very soon.

Pat xx

2 Likes

OOPS thought I replied tto you in the night on my kindle but its not here soHugs and hope it soone goes away

The new smilies are not as useful as the old but be sure I have you in my

In the night I said about Roof Shingles I used to be a roofer in another life seems 100 years ago

Oh I am getting carried away and this is about you. HOPE IT SOON BECOMES BEARABLE and then goEs away. XXX Don

3 Likes

If I were you I’d go to the gp, mine was down my neck and over my shoulder and painful so they gave me Aciclovir which is an anti viral that gets rid of it faster than it does if left, helped me. Hope you feel better soon

Cath xx

3 Likes

I am on Antivirals thanks BUT the pain is something else an electric drill pounding in my left shoulder. Chocolate you bet I know it’s early but its never too early for chocolate I sent a very weird mis spelt email to my brother (Florida) I blamed predicitive texting, using my tablet in bed. I have stirred my tired stumps to escape my bed for a while and take in your positve vibes Ah! lovely, take care guys and thank you M

3 Likes

Hope it eases soon for you M, its a horrible thing, I remember the pain it caused.

Enjoy that chocolate, take care.

Pam x

2 Likes

I actually feel a little bit better (I don’t want to over sell it), I managed to put my bra on yesterday - sorry guys, thank God there’s no image why does the word South come to mind?

Take care, be safe M

3 Likes

If mine went any further south they’d be in the Antarctic. Maybe that’s why the iceburgs are melting…

Pat xx (this is my favourite smilie)

3 Likes

Think you two will have to be the family clowns…I love it!

Nina x

3 Likes

A nod is as good as a wink… thank you Pat I it Do you think it looks a bit manic? What’s with the American looking white teeth on my ‘cool’ Smiley?

I’m Previewing this thinking I must be getting better, far tooooo much time my hands. Stay safe guys and have fun or laugh when you can, much M

3 Likes