Scared

Hi all, I’m not newly diagnosed. I’ve been diagnosed for about 6 years but haven’t had any symptoms (or noticeable ones) so I just put it to the back of my mind and got on with things. I haven’t been on medication but a recent mri scan showed more lesions forming but again no symptoms. I guess I’m on here to find out your experience with your ms. I’ve to start plegridy and I’m quite scared about losing my mobility and how things progress from here. I’m 31.

hi anonymous

well the scan results have given you a poke to make you aware that ms is not asleep.

try not to stress about it but work at your health.

yoga or pilates are perfect because they strengthen your core and calm your mind.

looking at the big picture, it’s not just people with ms who lose their mobility.

crazy to get stressed about it.

starting a DMD is like taking out an insurance policy.

fewer relapses and less chance of residual disability.

treat yourself to a nice massage, spa or whatever floats your boat.

it’s great that for 6 years you have been able to put it to the back of your mind.

carole x

1 Like

Thank you for your kind words. I need to get a grip and stop dwelling on things. I do think a spa day is in order. Thank you x

i’m really pleased that you are going to treat yourself.

why not do it on a monthly basis?

hah! if you could only see me you’d think who is she to say i need a spa day?

rough as a badger’s bum! (apologies to any badgers)

Hi Anon,

Wise words from Carole, as usual.

It’s not productive to worry about what might happen in the future. Nor is it a good idea to compare yourself to others with MS.

Every one of us is unique and we’re all going down different paths. But we are all going down different paths together.

Best wishes,

Anthony