Returning to Work help

Hi Looking for some help, I have yet to be fully diagnosed with MS but after 4 MRI’s and a stint in hospital I have been advised that it is extremely likely that I have MS.

I have meet with the consultant and MS nurse and after 3 months of being off sick I am looking to try to get back to some level of work, My GP has backed me and adjusted my sick note to say I can work with some considerations but I have a few physical limitations most predominately a weak leg that limits my ability to drive to work which is an hour away. I work in IT so mainly the stuff I need to do day to day can be done over the Internet but my employer seems quite reluctant to let me work from home a few hours a day to see how I go.

I have a meeting with my manager next week is there anything I should bring up or be aware of in this meeting, also without formal diagnosis I am worried where I stand.

Any help would be greatly appreciated

Chris

1 Like

Hi Chris,

Call for Access to Work, plenty of help available Access to Work: get support if you have a disability or health condition: What Access to Work is - GOV.UK

Even taxis to and from; you only pay the equivalent bus fare. You do not need to be diagnosed.