Result !

At last I have the finances for a mobility scooter ! My local wheelchair services couldn’t provide one and can’t give me an electric wheelchair until a ramp is built to my home (which could take a year). I first contacted them in January. I asked the MS Society for a grant for a scooter but after weeks of messing around they managed to lose my application form (so it was back to square one !) So (cheekily) I contacted a trust fund set up by a former employer. I say cheekily because I only worked for them for 7 months in 1996 but my daughter encouraged me to try anyway. That was three weeks ago. I had two letters from them. One to ask me to fill in a financial details form which they always require, then, on Saturday, a phone call telling me they would give me a grant. Yesterday a cheque arrived for the full cost of a scooter and a waterproof cover for it ! I just need the cheque to clear then I can buy it ! I am soooooooooooooooooo chuffed ! I can get some, much needed, independence back ! Hopefully, next week I can order my “Neo 4” scooter and, once I have it, it will be go go go for me !! Just thought I’d share :smiley: :smiley: :smiley: :smiley: :smiley:

That’s brilliant :smiley: Well done for persevering! Karen x

WOW that’s fantastic!!! Couldn’t live without my scooter. Freedom and independence… :smiley: Pat x

Thats brilliant, enjoy your freedom. :lol: Pam

great news - there’ll be no stopping you. enjoy your wheels

“Poop,poop said Toad!” :smiley: :smiley: Clear the roads :lol: :lol: Clarexxx

seb1901 wrote:

At last I have the finances for a mobility scooter ! My local wheelchair services couldn’t provide one and can’t give me an electric wheelchair until a ramp is built to my home (which could take a year). I first contacted them in January. I asked the MS Society for a grant for a scooter but after weeks of messing around they managed to lose my application form (so it was back to square one !) So (cheekily) I contacted a trust fund set up by a former employer. I say cheekily because I only worked for them for 7 months in 1996 but my daughter encouraged me to try anyway. That was three weeks ago. I had two letters from them. One to ask me to fill in a financial details form which they always require, then, on Saturday, a phone call telling me they would give me a grant. Yesterday a cheque arrived for the full cost of a scooter and a waterproof cover for it ! I just need the cheque to clear then I can buy it ! I am soooooooooooooooooo chuffed ! I can get some, much needed, independence back ! Hopefully, next week I can order my “Neo 4” scooter and, once I have it, it will be go go go for me !! Just thought I’d share :smiley: :smiley: :smiley: :smiley: :smiley:

Not been on the site much as past few days as cant access the new site from my smartphone :? so got the laptop out tonight to catch up. just wanted to drop a quick reply to your post so glad that you got funding for your scooter hopefully you will be out and about on it soon, weather permitting of course lol and great to make people on here aware that there are funding options available happy motoring Roisin xo

That is excellent news Really pleased fo :smiley: r you :smiley:

That is brilliant news. About time soneone got some goodnews out of this site. I feel we are all having a blue time with this new site. But it is really great to get good news. :smiley:

Thanks to everyone who has replied to my post A small problem has arisen though :frowning: It seems that the post office has “lost” my cheque :twisted: Will keep you updated :slight_smile:

I assume you have cancelled the cheque? :evil: post office humph! Clarexxx

Sorry folks :oops: The cheque has arrived at the bank (at last) :smiley: Will be ordering my scooter on Friday :smiley: :smiley: :smiley: :smiley: :smiley:

[color=#4000FF]I appologise to the post office :oops: - but they were slow enough to worry you eh! Yeay for new stuff!!! Clarexxx[/color]