Hope you are all fairing well
I have just been given a copy of the letter due to be sent by my employer to my Doctor, requesting a medical report about me. I had a quick read and found myself chuckling. OK some of the questions are fair enough but the others left me thinking 'how long is a piece of string?' Have a read of the excerpt below and see what you think.
1, A description of the employee's current illness , or underlying medical
condition. If you have not been able to diagnose any illness or medical
condition please confirm if this is the case.
2. The treatment or medication he is receiving to treat his illness or medical
3. The most probable duration of the employee's illness or medical condition.
4. The date on which the employee's illness or medical condition was first
5. The effect , if any, of the employee's illness or medical condition on their
ability to carry out normal day-to-day activities and whether or not that
affect is substantial.
6. In your professional opinion is the employee disabled within the meaning
of the Equality Act 2010.
It will be interesting to read the Doctors report.
Take care all