Relapse in April 2021

Hi all,

I am new to this site. I was diagnosed with MS in January 2007 in Saudi Arabia where i was working. Thankfully I worked in a hospital as a PA. I was in Saudi for 10 years and came back here in December 2017. I was initially put on Avonnex and had about 5 relapses while on this medication. I finally got gut onto Gilenya (Finglamoid) in 2014 and that really changed my life for the good. I got my life back. Unfortunately I had a relapsed in April this year. This affected my left side, my arm and my hand. Np power in both. I got put onto oral steroids for 5 days. I then had an MRI in May and received the results two days ago. I have been in tears about my results. The letter I received was very vague, not even a phone call to prewarn me. MRI showed reactivation of my disease. They want to change my medication from oral tablets to be given a canula for medication. Surely this warrants a discussion with me. My problem i face is I have a real phobia of needles and I don’t want to have to go down this route again as I couldn’t do it before. Surely. its my first relapse since being on my medication since 2014 and I don’t want to change my medication unless i had another relapse. I just feel alone right now and can’t cope with this news at present. I am going to Scotland to see my parents next week, I just need an escape before I can deal with this. Sorry I have probably went on for a bit so I will leave it at that.

Thanks.

Angela