Redundant due to MS not ability!

Hi all

Just been told I’m up for redundancy. Been with my employer for over 30 years. Last year they made reasonable adjustments to my sales manger role. I was to be based from home on a 3 day week and a reduced salary grade.

Twelve months on due to account management changes my role is up for redundancy. I’m in an impossible position. How will me and my family survive? I get enhanced PIP rates and a small company pension that I’ve drawn on ill health grounds. It’s not enough. What other help/benefit can I get?

How do I, with PPMS, failing mobility, hardly able to walk and no one around on a daily basis to assist me, manage to do the impossible and get to any Jobcentre to claim any benefit including unemployment benefit or whatever it’s now called, and then sign in regularly?? I cannot physically do that. Am I expected to do that in order to get anything that I am entitled to?

Or as usual because it’s MS will I be allowed to not survive and to just exist??

The Society pays a retainer to the Disabled Law Service Multiple Sclerosis Legal Advice Line | Disability Law Service for this type of problem; give them a ring. George

1 Like

Hi really sorry to read this.

How do you get to work?

You can ring ACAS. they will advise you of your rights and what you can expect. Customer service: 0300 123 1150

There are benefits if you have a family and i am not sure but i do think you can talk to someone on a telephone appointment.

gives you the telephone number for Health advisory services for ESA etc.

after 30 years i assume you will be getting some redundancy money.

ring ACAS I would and the number george has given you.

I hope you get sorted. Does your partner work? x

Hi George

Thank you so much for your message and advice, it is very much appreciated.

I will give them a ring but suspect my employers would have followed all that was needed.

Thanks again

Giova

Hello Crazy Chick

Thank you for the message. I work 3 days a week from home so do not have to travel. I will follow up the advice you give as soon as possible.

Yes my wife does work. Unfortunately though she is a teacher which although a very commendable job it is one that does not pay at all well.

Kind regards

Giova