Quick update... back at local hospital

Saw my new local neuro yesterday. I was quite nervous as my nurse had already said he might not agree with what had been said in London.

He didn’t have access to my MRI (which I thought he did) so it could easily have gone a bit wobbly He said, to him it appears to be progressive overall although he agreed that relapses were possible still. Taking into consideration all the factors and the DMD I’d picked (Tecfidera), he was happy to ‘try it’ and he’ll pull the plug if there’s no actual improvement when he sees me next year. I’m happy with that

Kind of nervous now, I just need to wait for it.

On the plus side, I saw Gastroenterologist last week and he said definite no to Crohns Disease - however, the door is still open if I need to go back at all, so also happy with that

We’re moving into a bungalow in late August, just need to get some work sorted now!

Sonia x

1 Like

That’s great that your neuro isn’t going to block it Sonia. Well done!

All extremities crossed that you have improvement. I’m know I’d be nervous too… remember ‘one day at a time’.

Moving? Gosh not easy with MS but will be lovely living in a bungalow.

My moving advice, learnt when I moved in here over 5 years ago, is 3 words… delegate, delegate, delegate!!!

Pat xx

2 Likes

Very pleased for you Sonia…hope the tecfidera helps…keep us posted.

Good luck with the move!

Nina x

3 Likes

That’s good news Sonia, hope it makes improvement for you, fingers crossed.

Pam x

2 Likes

Sorry, forgot to say moving to a bungalow will make your life so much easier, well done, and definitely take Pats advice and delegate as much as you can.

Hope it all goes well for you.

Pam x

2 Likes

Sonia thats great news on both fronts. Hope the DMD works

XXX Don

3 Likes

Hi Sonia,

Good luck with the tec, at least they are trying something. Also good luck with the move, having recently moved myself I concur with everyone, delegate!!, delegate!! Beleive you me, you won’t have much option.

The bungalow will make such a difference. It’s brilliant not having any stairs and just a few steps to the loo.

Now if only I can get this PIP sorted out and stop work my life will start looking up.

Mags xx

2 Likes

I had to fight for PIP too, good luck with that Mags, message if you need any help

Thanks for all the encouragement, really hope things go OK

Sonia x

2 Likes

Really pleased for you Sonia. I hope the meds help, I’m also interested in hearing please. My Neuro also believes that progressive can have relapses but doesn’t think DMD’s help so please keep us posted.

Good luck with the move. I know it’ll be hard work with loads of stress, but so worthwhile in the long run!

Take care

Cath x

1 Like

I’ll keep you posted, it was the slowing down of disability that had my interest with Tecfidera. Fingers crossed

Sonia x

1 Like