Poorly or MS

Hi Goldengirl,

I know I am very lucky with the experience I have had with my team. The phone call I received yesterday was from the Neuro ANP who did my LP, she had told me I could phone her for the results but she beat me to it. She said she knew I was stressed about it so wanted to let me know it was definitely positive. When I read some people’s experiences here it makes me sad. I know initial appointment to answers in 7/52 is amazing. Just waiting to have MS type confirmed now.

Snowqueen

Dear Snowqueen

I have RRMS and so it is a bit different to you but I had a busy life with 2 little ones under 2. Paeds nurse. Crazy really. 13 hour shifts. This meant feeling so crap most of the time with my MS.

Now I limit myself to 2 nights out a week! I go to bed early and work part time. I try to rest when I can. I have been so well with all these changes. I would really advise you speaking to work and seeing what you can work out. Its the best thing I have done ( and probably the hardest to accept for me). But health wise I feel like my MS has kind of slowed down. I wanted to share that little advice with you as I feel like it has been such a positive thing.

Also this is what I say to my friends … what advice would give me if I was telling you this. You have been diagnosed with MS, you have had an LP, all the rubbish and stress you been through recently wouldn’t you advise that I take a couple of weeks off and just relax and sleep and take it all in. I am sure you would. Looking after yourself can only be a good thing. Take Care

Good Luck xxx

Hi Frazzledmum,

Wow you really have your hands full. Thank You for the advice it’s good to hear from others who understand where I am now.

Snowqueen

I just read my reply to you realised it was a bit woe is me - which wasn’t the intention x I just read your first post reminded me a bit of myself at the start - trying to balance work and MS. It sounded a bit like work was getting a bit more of your efforts than your health and sometimes it helps for someone to say its okay to look after yourself and actually you will feel better for it.

I will stop babbling now x

Thank you Frazzledmum didn’t read your post as woe is me. You are right that I was probably working so hard to prove I can still work and do my job I wasn’t giving myself anytime to work out how I was. Feeling a bit more relaxed now signed off sick for a bit, helped by catching up my sleep a bit and by being at my Mum’s.

Snowqueen