Podcast

I hope this works.

Some of you maybe interested in listening to this 25 minute discussion by a panel of experts about the latest guidelines on drugs and clinical care in MS.

For me, Amy Bowen, the director of service development at the MS Trust impressed me with how well she spoke, in favour of the MS sufferer.

xx

I know what you mean Jen. I struggle now with reading lot’s of info. listening is much easier :slight_smile:

Thanks for posting this, Blossom, very interesting

This is really interesting. Highly recommended listening for people who are newly diagnosed - suggests that people should see an expert neurologist and be put on disease modifying drugs soon after diagnosis. If you fast forward to the 24th minute (or listen all the way through) you will hear one of the NHS participants suggests that only people living near an ‘MS centre of excellence’ currently get to see a really good neurologist and thus get treatment that will make a difference to the course of their disease, early on, when it is most likely to do this.

The truth is, if you are awaiting diagnosis or newly diagnosed you can see a really good neurologist in a hospital outside of your area NOW. But you will need to do things to make this happen - find a good neurologist, ask your GP to refer you - it won’t just happen.