PIP

Hi Guys

Just wondered if anybody had recently applied for PIP, and if so, how did they find the process and how did they get on? Any information/advice would be greatly appreciated.

Many thanks

Missylala :slight_smile:

Hi, there has been a post on PIP quite recently.

I expect that person will be along soon, to tell you they did.

I get mine reviewed in 2015.

Been on DLA since 2000 and was awarded it indefinitely.

I`m 61 and could do without this added stress, but it is what it is and we have to go through the DWP hoops!

luv Pollx

ps hope you get a good result hun.

Thanks Boudica, I’m really new to all this, and finding it all a bit overwhelming at times to be honest, this Forum is a real help thanks to people like you, so appreciated.

Missylala :slight_smile: x

You`re welcome hun!

pollx

I’ve been on DLA since 2007. It was an indefinite award like Polls but due to change in circumstances I’m having to reapply. Not pip though luckily…its DLA change of circumstance form. All the forms are a nightmare to fill in. Get as much help as you can, take your time. Print a copy of your original form and fill it out in pencil until your satisfied with it. Provide statements from consultants if you have some ( this can include hospital letters following appointments) Ask your gp to write you a statement about your health. Have a look at www.benefitsandwork.co.uk Gives lots of help regarding the forms. Don’t restrict yourself to just the tick boxes and the small amount of space they give you to answer questions…had extra pages. If you need any help just ask, I’m usless lol but my husband has helped quite a few people now…including me lol. Remember KEEP COPIES of everything. Good luck, Noreen x

I did the application and now I’m waiting…apparently I’ve been referred to ATOS and there’s generally a 6 week wait…

It’s tough doing all the paperwork, there’s so many diffferent people to tell etc. :wink:

Sonia x

Thank you all for the advice, it’s ridiculous that we have to go through such a difficult process, but I shall be giving it a go. If I get stuck I’ll be back on here looking for further help!

Fran :slight_smile: x